the Rift

Poll: Vote for one of each of the topics (check three boxes total!)
This poll is closed.
Aurelia: Hold Trial
23.33%
14 23.33%
Aurelia: Maintain Banishment
11.67%
7 11.67%
Basin Alliance: Yes
15.00%
9 15.00%
Basin Alliance: No or Maybe or Need More Thought
18.33%
11 18.33%
Asylum Alliance: Yes
8.33%
5 8.33%
Asylum Alliance: No or Maybe or Needs More Thought
23.33%
14 23.33%
Total 60 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[OPEN] Brokenhearted Aftermath [Mandatory Herd Meeting]

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper

Cheveyo
done made the devil a deal, he made me pretty, he made me smart

I hadn't been doing much of anything when the Sunshower and the Stormbringer had called us all to their company. It was a blessing to see that the Sunshower would still be our Queen, instead of the wretched crazy gold splattered mare...I honestly wasn't quite sure what I would have done if the verdict had came back in any other way, probably left. Or even challenged the broad myself once things had settled and I gave her time to heal from whatever injuries she may have sustained. A grim grin had stretched it's way across my white washed features as my yellow painted hooves carried me easily into the clearing where our meeting was being held.
“I'm so glad to have you all here, we are building our numbers and getting stronger every day. Now we need to go out and make friends in Helovia, to build bonds between the herds and to spread our aim of peace as far as we can. Unfortunately, I must share a story about our Seer Aurelia with you. She went to the Hidden Falls herd, crossed their borders without permission and then attacked their members. She was returned by members of the Asylum that live within the Hidden Falls. We were going to ask the herd if they wished to hold a trial when she challenged me for leadership. I came out victorious. She is temporarily banished from the Edge. We ask you now- would you have us hold a trial, or would you have us maintain her banishment without one? It is your decision. However, regardless of your decision, Kaj and I will not have her on our council any longer. We are once again seeking someone to fill the position of Seer.” I listened closely to the story that Kahlua shared, rehashing the events that I had been a part of in this last season without Aurelia it would have been a simple return to the Edge and things would have slipped right back into their normal swing of things. But regardless as to if the Queen had returned unharmed from her bought with the gold splattered broad, I believed she had made her bed and now it was time for her to lay in it.
I remained silent, my chestnut harks swiveling about as everyone spoke their mind about the decision of Aurelia's possible return. The thought caused my multihued pelt to shudder against thick layers of muscle and sadly it seemed as if everyone was agreeing that she deserved a fair and just trial. The whisper of a growl began to rumble at the base of my throat when the sound of another's voice spoke up over the masses. "How do you propose to get the truth if you put her on trial? Anyone wanting to save their own skin is going to lie. If you cannot fully trust the words of the herd that returned her here how can you trust her's? She was the one that was supposedly in the wrong, wouldn't it be natural for her to stretch the truth? I would like to propose my own questions. How many of us are there that would trust her should she be allowed to stay after her trial? And lets say she does stay and we still don't trust her. Should we have to live here knowing that there is someone among us that we cannot trust to not be a threat us? Aren't there enough threats outside of our walls? Should we have to live with one within them?" Orchid pools flicked over to the sun-kissed mare who had spoken, her green eyes glowing with a wisdom that I hoped to gain one day. My tail switched ever so slightly against my ankles as I looked away from the flaxen mare and instead turned back to the paint and the winged buckskin that I had grown to respect so much in such a short time. "I would have to agree full-heartedly, who knows what else that mare has up her sleeve if we were to allow her entrance back."
It was the mare's next set of words that reminded me there was more to this meeting than just the fate of a traitor. "In the end no herd can survive in complete isolation. With no allies we would have no one to come to our defense should we need it. It is beneficial to us to have at least one ally. Perhaps we could offer our alliance to the Falls as a token of good faith. To show that we, as a herd, have no ill will against them. With that said, I would like to volunteer to travel to the Falls to discuss peace with them." There were the matters of alliances with two other herds that had been offered, one being a herd that I knew nothing of other than the fact that they offered an alliance after Aurelia attempted to barbeque them all. And then there was the Basin that I heard tales of being populated by barbaric unicorns who liked the idea of having a world full of just the horned. My harks swiveled uncomfortably as I thought over the options momentarily before my rosy kissers parted once more to allow gruff words loose. "The Basin has wronged us on many ocassions while the Falls have not yet wronged us, in fact it was quite the opposite. I believe the choice is clear." As I finished speaking my peace on the reason behind the whole meeting, I settled my weight back on my hind legs to enjoy the rest of the herd's ideas now that the wise flaxen had spoken up and changed the whole game plan.

"blah blah blah."
Tag;; the herd
Words;; 957
OOC;; Sorry for such a late reply.

so I'm gonna break me a million hearts

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brokenhearted Aftermath [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Cheveyo - 06-26-2014, 12:33 PM
RE: Brokenhearted Aftermath [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Hamaliel - 07-04-2014, 05:02 PM