the Rift

Poll: Vote for one of each of the topics (check three boxes total!)
This poll is closed.
Aurelia: Hold Trial
23.33%
14 23.33%
Aurelia: Maintain Banishment
11.67%
7 11.67%
Basin Alliance: Yes
15.00%
9 15.00%
Basin Alliance: No or Maybe or Need More Thought
18.33%
11 18.33%
Asylum Alliance: Yes
8.33%
5 8.33%
Asylum Alliance: No or Maybe or Needs More Thought
23.33%
14 23.33%
Total 60 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[OPEN] Brokenhearted Aftermath [Mandatory Herd Meeting]

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

Archibald the Dauntless

You need to know that you're in for the fight of your life

Archibald came, a silent hurricane of power and ability. His black shadow cast over the mares at his side, his faithful and loyal allies, Ktulu and Lakota. The pair were together, comforted by each other's touch, and it made something inside of the Dauntless wrench and yearn for his own mate. He would go to her soon and bring her to this new home, and he would ask tell his sons that their own decisions were the ones that mattered. They were yearlings now, taking on the world as their own, and Archibald knew he and their mother had taught them well enough to survive and thrive. His sons would be powerful, and their names would be great, but he would not dictate their hooves as his mother had his and his brothers'. Archibald was too confident in them, and cared too deeply for their independence.

Stopping in the surrounding of his fellow herdmates, towering over each of them with great measure, he watched the leaders before him. His body was no longer sore and there was no hindrance in his movements. He stood victorious, his battle prowess and knowledge exceeding over his opponents. He watched, silent and statuesque, as the leaders voiced their concerns, praises, and other matters. With a lift of his chin and a simple nod, Archibald accepted his task as Captain. "I will train the protectors and soldiers of this land to keep threats and advances thwarted." He turned his golden eyes to look upon each face before him, his voice loud and clear as thunder in the night. "Warriors, I ask that we convene after this meeting has cleared. Likewise, any non-tasked member that wished to fulfill their purpose and pull their weight, stay and seek me." Archibald let his eyes fall to Ktulu, knowing without a shadow of a doubt that she would agree to his words. Together, the Constrictor and the Dauntless could raise an army as powerful as the waves that crashed against their coast.

His attention, however, was drawn back to the important matters at hoof. "Aurelia should be punished for her crimes. She deserves no trial, for treason is not to be tolerated." Archibald was confident in his words as he spoke, "When a fire begins to burn even on the smallest of knolls it will consume the entire forest. To keep peace, traitors should not be able to reside in the lands. She bit the hand that fed her, that sheltered her, that helped her, and she should understand her mistakes and deal with them, away from the Edge. Second chances are not the opportunity for a new beginning, they are the opportunity for betrayal." Archibald's eyes fell on Evangeline momentarily, remembering her peaceful and diplomatic ways from her leadership of the Woodlands. He thought of Roanne in that moment, and the friesian's blood as it stained his feathers with the sound of his dinner-plate hooves crushing the Sentinel's skull. "As far as the Aurora Basin is concerned, I do not believe aligning ourselves with them is wise. They have manipulated alliances in the past to rip apart tranquility in Helovia."

Golden eyes flicked towards Ktulu quickly before moving onto Kaj again. The Dauntless knew her regret well enough, and he would not make her dwell on it. "I will travel with diplomats to herds for protection and discussion. I have lived my share of leadership roles as Chief and General, and I believe I am well fit to continue to do so. For years I have lived in Helovia, and for most of that time I resided in what was once the Windtossed Foothills. Though it has transformed, out of all that are here today, I know each crevice of that land better than any. I am willing to travel to the Falls and converse with the leaders there."

Finally, Archibald fell silent, and waited. Loretta, calm and silent as a star, floated in and settled beneath his towering frame.

image credits

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brokenhearted Aftermath [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Archibald - 06-28-2014, 10:55 PM
RE: Brokenhearted Aftermath [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Hamaliel - 07-04-2014, 05:02 PM