the Rift

[OPEN] i officially hate angels [leaders, healers]

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

The conversation wandered between the topics of fighting and bonds (love and apologies), but Africa’s mind was spiralling well beyond Aurelia’s ridiculously out of control reality; clouding with resignation and frustration. She still didn’t understand how this turn of events had managed to spill across her tranquil desert sands at all; she felt stupid, at a loss. Aurelia had been missing, wandering, feral, for many solid months without trace and the dapple grey wondered with a sigh why now, under such awful circumstances, she had dragged herself and this dead serpent so far south. Something just didn’t add up.

"I've got a few nicks and tucks, and one burn, but I'll be okay. I don't want to waste the healers' time," the younger Pegasus had answered with some civility and no more tears. Why are you here then? A vague, half-hearted smile formed to curl slightly her dusty-red lips but she didn’t turn as she moved to guide the small group across scorching dunes. Hooves scuffed unenthusiastically, driving slippery troughs as she passed across the dry heaped sand, this journey seemed longer than any she had taken before- even that with Madyrn and Maskan from the Basin, when she’d been broken both physically and mentally two years back. The sun seemed more overwhelming, its caress bitter and angry even, and the sweat stained heavily her bleak hide with water and salty. Flies bothered with unrelenting vigour about her pumping nostrils, and she flicked regularly her long, elegant skull to unsettle them; flame engulfed forelock dancing to and fro with each bothered jerk.

Despite the heat, the burden of Aurelia’s unexpected and not altogether welcome return, Africa was glad to feel the press of Rasta’s creamy body against her naked shoulder; scar pink, exposed and burning. In those silent moments spend walking, trudging, dallying, the Starry-Eyed wished that her friend and sister would stay longer, even forever. So different was this new era upon the Throat, and the alien faces expanding throughout brought no comfort or joy; not like those of old, when times were untroubled (mostly), and days were spent lolling by the water, laughing, relaxing... Again she sighed, closing thick eye-lashes across the translucent illusion of the growing oasis ahead. She supposed eventually it would feel like home again.

When finally they fell into the generous cover of the canopy, mimosas and tall swaying palms, Africa stopped and turned towards Aurelia- not quite managing a smile. “I don’t know why you are here. But if you disrespect my home during your stay, you will be turned out for good.” There was a grim sternness etched into her pale face which felt just as uncomfortable as it would have appeared. It gave the Starry-Eyed no pleasure having to say such, but the God of the Sun had set her as guardian over his followers and land alike; and protect both she would with every grain of her being. “If by old Dragon’s Blood’s last leaf fallen by Frostfall you have proven yourself to be no threat, I will welcome you back into our ranks.” She nodded firmly, the softness of her kindly eyes eroded by the gravity of her words.

[ooc: changed her probation to finish by Frostfall.]
Image Credits | Table by SilkRapture

Messages In This Thread
RE: i officially hate angels [leaders, healers] - by Africa - 06-24-2014, 11:35 PM