the Rift

You gave me wings.

Kadir Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Kadir shivered as the warm, late afternoon sun filtered through the densely packed trees making her solid grey and shimmering white pelt seem dappled. She pulled her heavy wings closer to her body to keep them from scraping the trees as she carefully picked her way around them. Her feathers were still damp from her earlier flight through the clouds. Her wing muscles were finally starting to fill out, allowing her to enjoy slightly longer flights everyday. However she had never strayed far from a particular grove of trees she had started to call home, hoping her mother would one day come back. 'I've barely waited a year.' She snorted as the thought flashed across her mind, "If she was coming back she would have done so by now, idiot." She berated herself softly.

Coming to an abrupt halt Kadir realized she lost all sense of direction while she was recalling old memories. Her dark blue eyes glanced up looking for a break in the trees big enough to allow her massive wing span to fit through so she could scan the area from above. A slight tinkling sound emanated from the jewels on her headpiece. It was a delicate and pretty thing. The dark blue jewels were only slightly darker than her eyes and sparkled faintly when the sunlight hit it just right; they also loved to make a beautiful sound, only really heard to her, when they hit the silver wire as she moved. A small grin spread across her face as she resumed walking and recalled the story her mother told her about where the headpiece originated from. Her mother had told her that she had been the greatest thief of her time in her own lands. The princess there had been corrupt and often tried abusing her mother when they were younger. So as a form of payback she gained the king's trust and while their backs were turned she stole the crown and fled. Kadir had never thought the story was true but she let her mother have her fun with her creative stories.

After a while of weaving her way through the trees Kadir found a clearing big enough to allow her to barely escape the canopy of leaves. She stood in the warm but fading sunlight and quickly marveled at how the white on her coat shimmered with a light blue hue as the sunlight danced along her pelt. Smiling she stepped further into the clearing and spread out her wings. Her heart always seemed to soar when she looked at them for they had always been there to help keep her steady when she was dizzy or warm when it was cold and helped keep her above whatever danger may be lurking. Suddenly feeling as though eyes were peering at her through the thick wall of trees she scanned the area before preparing herself to spring into the sky.

Bunching herself up like a cat getting ready to pounce on her supper she leapt into the air, her wings steadily pulling herself into the sky as if to feast on the stars. Kadir faltered slightly as her left wing clipped a branch but she steadied herself with a muttered curse and climbed a bit higher. She knew her small part of the forest by heart and knew practically every tree and squirrel that lived there and had chosen one of the tallest trees in that area as her home. Her wings kept up a steady but labored beat as she struggled to stay at one point above the ground as she scanned the forest below her searching for the one tree that was slightly taller than the rest. She gave a breathy sigh when she found it a bit behind her and to the North but groaned as she saw the clearing she just left was the closest one to her grove. Pulling her wings in slightly towards her body she circled back to the clearing and in a lazy spiral that drifted down to the hole in the top of the trees. Kadir made sure that she positioned herself to land facing the direction she needed to go. She grumbled as she realized she would have to pull her wings nearly all the way to her body and basically plummet from there to the forest floor.

Kadir grunted as her feathered feet hit the ground and her wings beat at the air to help her keep her balance. Pulling her wings around her, she shivered in the cooling evening air she headed towards her tree; sending a quick glance over her shoulder as she again felt the invisible eyes peering out at her from the gathering darkness under the tall trees.

walking
"talking"
'thinking'

[ooc; Yep my writing skills have a bit of dust on them. Shoo little annoying particles of death. ]
Kadir
I'm taking off tonight, now I'm free.
x - x

Messages In This Thread
You gave me wings. - by Kadir - 06-17-2014, 08:48 PM
RE: You gave me wings. - by Torleik - 06-18-2014, 01:41 PM
RE: You gave me wings. - by Kadir - 06-20-2014, 12:13 AM
RE: You gave me wings. - by Torleik - 07-13-2014, 11:15 PM