the Rift

[PRIVATE] Familial Ties [Midas]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

And is it Worth the Wait, All this Killing Time?

At some point, Apollo was no longer alone, but he wasn't sure just when that fact had changed. The stag's honey-brown orbs were wholly focused on the fireflies that danced about his muzzle, occasionally brushing their illuminating bodies against his nostrils or cheeks and causing the stallion to chuckle from the tickling sensation of their tiny bodies. He was at peace here, in this beautiful place, and his shoulders felt light and carefree. He felt high with joy, with life, and it was magnificent.

'Apollo?'

The abrupt voice snapped the Merciful from his reverie, and in turn caused him to jerk his head to the left, ears snapping to attention. The quick and sudden action startled the peaceful atmosphere and caused the otherwise lazy fireflies to flutter away and to the safety of the sky, taking their dancing lights with them, but Apollo paid them no heed. His gaze was locked now on a form that he had no seen in a very long time, and unwillingly the stallion felt tears prick at his eyes and his throat clenched with un-shed emotion.

"... Midas?" Was it him? Through the encroaching darkness Apollo's eyes narrowed, making light of the body of his winged brother that he had not seen in seasons. It was him. It was! "Midas, oh! Brother!"

Like water the trepidation slid from his shoulders, and rapidly a smile was stretching wide upon his maw. He turned bodily towards his friend, his dear friend, and quickly moved to lessen the distance between them, nostrils wide as he sucked in large gulps of the other male's familiar scent. Almost instinctively Apollo's head lifted, his eyes roaming the area to spot... There. The she was; Fina, rightened in the branches of a nearby tree. 'Hello, beautiful Fina,', he wanted to say, but it seemed that his voice box seemed unable to form the words... At least for now.

Apollo stopped short as though not to crowd his dear friend, and stretched his muzzle out towards the Pegasus for a intimate brushing, to ensure that yes, Midas was real, and that he was okay. "I was so worried, Brother, I had no idea if anyone I knew was okay... You... You are okay, yes? You and Fina?" As the words spewed from his mouth like unsavory word-vomit, Apollo's experienced eyes began roaming the paint's limbs and extremeties for any signs of injuries.

Midas was more than just a friend; he was family. He was the only family that it seemed Apollo had anymore, a brother to call his own... And being in his presence now made the stallion want to whine and cry and rub against him like a lost colt reuniting with a loved one, but he swallowed such nonsensical desires and simply stood his ground, quaking and trembling with pent up emotion.

"By Father Earth, I've missed you. I was so worried..."

Are you Strong Enough to Stand, Protecting both Your Heart and Mine?

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
Familial Ties [Midas] - by Apollo - 06-17-2014, 05:36 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Midas - 06-22-2014, 07:56 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Apollo - 06-23-2014, 12:48 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Midas - 07-02-2014, 02:23 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Apollo - 07-02-2014, 08:36 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Midas - 07-07-2014, 10:22 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Apollo - 07-19-2014, 08:42 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Midas - 07-22-2014, 09:18 AM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Apollo - 08-01-2014, 02:25 PM