the Rift

[PRIVATE] Familial Ties [Midas]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

And is it Worth the Wait, All this Killing Time?

Apollo's genuine smile slowly faltered as Midas, in turn, pledged his allegiance to him, and surprise worked itself within the stallion's honey-brown oculars. What had he ever done to achieve such unending loyalty from someone of Midas' caliber? Such devotion? Such brotherhood? Fate had thrown them together, woven their lives around each other in such an intimate fashion, and Apollo, well... If he were honest with himself, not even he and Andreas had ever been so close, and they were blood family.

Life, it seemed, was full of oddities.

"Midas..." The overo stallion's voice was choked with a myriad of feelings, with affection, empathy, and humbleness, but he swallowed thickly and did his best to clear the ball of emotion from his throat. "I'm honored to hear such words from you. I fear that I'll never be able to repay the kindness in which you have shown me over the years."

The previously abandoned smile that had once crossed Apollo's lips once more worked itself into place, and he dipped his crowned head forward in a nod of agreement. "I should hope for the same... The herds have been unsteady for far too long. I think an alliance would serve them well." Especially during such a tender, tumultuous time. "I'm... Not sure. I'll join them, but I fear they may have no need of my services as a medic." A rueful grin crossed the stallion's lips and he chuckled, ebony ears tipping back, albeit slightly. "I'm afraid I make a poor soldier, and I have no desire to draw any more bloodshed, so... Perhaps I'll do solitary work, should their medical fields be full. I plan to venture to the Edge after I've visited Father Earth upon his shrine... He has granted me a quest to be bestowed with a companion, like yourself and Fina."

Ah, speaking of...

The Merciful's warm eyes sought out the said phoenix before focusing on the golden orbs of the Gallant. "Brother? Will you tell me what it is like? To be so intimately bound with another soul?" Because Apollo needed to know what it was like, to hear the thoughts of another, to see through the eyes of another, to feel what they felt. Ktulu had said that Eytan had been able to feel her emotions; her anger, her happiness, her pleasure... Was this a common thing? Did every bonded pair share such an intimate connection?

Are you Strong Enough to Stand, Protecting both Your Heart and Mine?

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
Familial Ties [Midas] - by Apollo - 06-17-2014, 05:36 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Midas - 06-22-2014, 07:56 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Apollo - 06-23-2014, 12:48 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Midas - 07-02-2014, 02:23 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Apollo - 07-02-2014, 08:36 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Midas - 07-07-2014, 10:22 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Apollo - 07-19-2014, 08:42 PM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Midas - 07-22-2014, 09:18 AM
RE: Familial Ties [Midas] - by Apollo - 08-01-2014, 02:25 PM