the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Halycon Days [Apollo]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
He remained still as the dun mare snapped around to finally meet him. Head still low and eyes still trying to meet hers. But it is her words on an invasion that has him jerk back. And, with that jerk she also stumbles back a few strides. However, was that agony in his gaze? She couldn't tell.

It was when his gaze returned to her that she froze in her place, waiting to see what would happen next. Only the wind dared to move some of her braided tresses as she held her breath. He says to have no desire to hurt her. And then, he puts a name - one which had slipped from her memory - to the group which had invaded the Foothills. Her stomach dropped, ears falling to the sides in the pain and Valiance allowed his claws to tug upon her hair - to try and keep her from falling into the depths of the memories which could plague her in ways few could imagine.

Then, he speaks of disbanding this group - saying that it hurt him to draw blood. Almost, as if she were choking on the air she allows a few words to spill forth from her lips. "T-they're g-gone? They w-won't invade again?" uncertainty laced her features, remembering clearly the pain Quilyan had gone through trying to find her. The infection which had almost killed him because he had fought to try and save her home at that time.

Back to the herbs. It was safer territory, something she knew. He repeated her statement about collecting herbs and she nodded her head, watching his hopeful expression. With the information on the Bilberry Res managed a meek, forced smile. Go look for some, she thought to Valiance, who (with a huff of distaste) took off like a canon past the paint, making sure to fly close to his face and repeat his warning while he went to go look for the mental image of the plant that he was given. Slowly, her trembling slowed to only a couple a minute instead of a consistent shake. "I-I wasn't… but it could prove useful. Thank you," she murmured, voice just loud enough to be heard and quiet enough to come out without stuttering.

And then, the one thing she didn't expect. She had seen them as monsters, yet he was willing to leave because his presence was unnerving. She squeaked a short "no" before taking a breath and forming her thoughts into sentences. "No - you don't have to. You seem to know herbs… I could always use another eye…" a pause as she continued to try and swallow the nerves. "Your name? I'm Resplendence… one of the Moon Doctors in the Edge…" wavering notes flitted into the air, but at least she wasn't stuttering anymore.

Now, to calm down and find these herbs for her family.
Resplendence
i don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand
x - x
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
!! Halycon Days [Apollo] - by Resplendence - 06-17-2014, 07:13 PM
RE: !! Halycon Days [Apollo] - by Apollo - 06-19-2014, 12:10 PM
RE: !! Halycon Days [Apollo] - by Resplendence - 06-19-2014, 11:29 PM
RE: !! Halycon Days [Apollo] - by Apollo - 06-20-2014, 12:53 PM
RE: !! Halycon Days [Apollo] - by Resplendence - 06-21-2014, 03:28 PM