the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Halycon Days [Apollo]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

And is it Worth the Wait, All this Killing Time?

Quietly Apollo committed the name 'Quilyan' to his memory, just in case Ktulu nor Resplendence would be around when he decided to show his face to the Edge... If he could bring himself to do so, yet. Still, Ktulu had been forgiven and had been allowed to call the Land of Mists her home... Perhaps they could do the same for Apollo. The stallion's honey-brown orbs lingered upon Valiance, watching in a slightly awed way how the Dragon's wings worked, or how he curled around Resplendence with obvious adoration. The bond between Companion and Bond-Mate were truly great, and Apollo hoped that soon, he could have a bond so precious as that.

"Ah," the Merciful murmured on a chuckle, his lips still upturned even at Valiance's display of displeasure, eyes alight in genuine, heart-felt mirth, "My apologies, friend. My eloquence sometimes gets me into trouble, you see. Very well... You are a handsome fellow, then." At Resplendence's kind words of perhaps spending more time with Valiance, and thus the rabicano herself, Apollo tilted an ear, but his smile broadened. Perhaps they could forge some kind of friendship?

"Perhaps, Ma'am. I think I would enjoy that very much."

Turning his head then towards the location of the Blue Cohosh, where Resplendence had directed, he eyed the herbs from a distance. A safe distance, mind you, safe on shore.... And not in the water. A nervous sense of trepidation began to rise from his breast, making the horned stallion shift his weight from one hoof to the other in an obvious sign of discomfort. It had been a long, long time since Apollo was confronted with one of his most irrational, deep-rooted fears... And of course it had to be now, when he would potentially look like a fool in front of Resplendence and Valiance.

"... Very well, Miss. I'll fetch some Cohosh." Oh, how the Gods enjoyed watching him struggle.

Swallowing thickly, Apollo stretched out his right hoof towards the water and paused for a breath before plunging it into the cool liquid of the grove. The moment that he felt the water swell upwards and caress his hoof and canon bone, the black and white over froze in place, nostrils flaring, eyes nearly bugging out of his skull. Oh, God. Still, he pressed on, lifting his left hoof and doing the same, planting them both in the innocent-enough looking water... But Apollo had never been fooled. Still waters ran deep, after all.

It wasn't far, the Cohosh... Just ten feet. Just ten long feet. Ten long miles of feet. He just needed to shuffle forward, awkwardly, almost like a duck-unicorn hybrid, and grab them. Maybe stretch his neck out far enough... And just pluck them, right? A dozen? Psh. Apollo could do that. Easy. He could do that with his eyes closed. He could do two dozen.

Sucking in a loud, wheezing breath, suddenly forgetting about Resplendence and Valiance, both of whom could easily see his little episode of traumatized fear, Apollo begins to shuffle forward, his hooves slipping and sliding in the muck and sediment. He waddled through the water, wide honey-brown orbs locked only upon the sight of the Cohosh sitting innocently a few feet away... And he slipped.

Slipped. And Apollo was pretty sure he was going to die.

An un-masculine scream tore itself from his throat as his front left leg suddenly buckled, sending him sprawling in the shallow, sloshing waters, and the stallion twisted and turned and frantically tried to heave the bulk of his body upwards and out of the terrible, horrible, blood thirsty killing machine that was water. Oh, Gods, I'm dying, his mind screamed, even though words wouldn't form themselves from his lips that were far too frozen in fear, Oh, Gods! Ktulu! Lakota!

But then, in the next moment, Apollo had lifted himself from the shallow water and practically leapt onto the island. He snatched up a mouthful of Cohosh, careful not to damage them, and trudged his way back through the water and to the other side, so that he was standing close to Resplendence once more. Slowly he dropped the needed herbs onto the ground, the sides of his barrel quivering and heaving, dripping with excess water, and Apollo spoke with a high-pitched, trembling voice.

"I, uh... G-got your Cohosh, M-Miss."

Are you Strong Enough to Stand, Protecting both Your Heart and Mine?

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
!! Halycon Days [Apollo] - by Resplendence - 06-17-2014, 07:13 PM
RE: !! Halycon Days [Apollo] - by Apollo - 06-19-2014, 12:10 PM
RE: !! Halycon Days [Apollo] - by Resplendence - 06-19-2014, 11:29 PM
RE: !! Halycon Days [Apollo] - by Apollo - 06-20-2014, 12:53 PM
RE: !! Halycon Days [Apollo] - by Resplendence - 06-21-2014, 03:28 PM
RE: !! Halycon Days [Apollo] - by Apollo - 06-22-2014, 06:55 PM
RE: !! Halycon Days [Apollo] - by Resplendence - 06-25-2014, 10:15 PM
RE: !! Halycon Days [Apollo] - by Apollo - 06-29-2014, 11:14 AM
RE: !! Halycon Days [Apollo] - by Resplendence - 07-01-2014, 09:40 PM