the Rift

[OPEN] Mundane Job

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
Sikeax
Knot. Truly, that was the only word that had the power to explain exactly what Sikeax's stomach was doing when the mare came to her, not towering over her, but only a slight gain to her. She had a way to go, but the travel would be short. Her ears slowly twitched forward, thin smile that was more than just fake coming across her face. Andromeda doesn't seem to remember, or Adrixaura. The knot loosens a bit when she shakes her head. She's never found herself lying before, even to someone as important to her as the one standing before her, but she would need to learn. It held the chance that she could use it to her advantage later on in life.
The awkward would have to be taken care of in the future when she was more sure that lies could be useful to her.
"I am Sikeax, if you're Andromeda, you can call me Sia though."
Her voice is rough, bothered by the harshness of salt of the air when Birdsong allergies had bothered her some at the end of the last season. There is a job at hand and one she should find herself getting done soon. Her thoughts clot like blood platelets, depressing trying to get around one another. She knows so many herbs, but remembering the ones that grow specific to the Dragon's Throat put her in a twist.
"I think the herbs we need to gather are, uhm..." Embarrassment floods her with her stutter, trying to recite the names like a student in middle school who must recite a certain poem or speech in class. There weren't twenty other pairs of eyes bearing into her skin, but the two toned pair before her had more weight than a thousand. "...Aloe Vera, Anise, Boswellia, Devil's Claw, and Myrrh? We're supposed to pull up the roots as well, and Africa let me borrow her bag," She moves the limb that the bag is attached to to show it was there. "so we could put the herbs in there."
Thoughts over take her again, trying to remember places where she had seen some of the herbs in the past. She knew for sure the location of the first four, the last one putting an odd taste to her mouth.
"I don't know where Myrrh might be, but the rest I do. Aloe Vera and Boswellia are fairly easy to find."
Her eyes turn toward the oasis, where a few trees had fought the land and worn, small shrubs having grown up around the bases. "We can find the Boswellia around those trees, the Aloe Vera will be further out, so we can do that one last, Anise will be around the edges of the oasis, so we can get them with the Aloe Vera, and Devil's Claw will be out around the desert. Do you want to start with the Boswellia and work out, and try to find Myrrh?"
She's such a nervous little thing, look it at the winged with tired eyes. Myrrh? How was she expected to know them all when she had been raised where there wasn't such an herb?

OOC: Sorry, I was out on vacation! I didn't think our condo would have internet so I didn't bring my kindle. It ended up having internet, just my luck.
@[Andromeda]
In winter, some voices are like coats - Mosteghanemi
Image Credit
This beautiful table courtesy of the lovely Sevin

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Messages In This Thread
Mundane Job - by Sikeax - 06-18-2014, 06:20 PM
RE: Mundane Job - by Andromeda - 06-18-2014, 10:26 PM
RE: Mundane Job - by Sikeax - 06-30-2014, 01:48 PM