the Rift

[OPEN] Mundane Job

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
Sikeax
Once, twice, clawing down into the earth with all intentions of getting the task done so that the plants waiting patiently for their arrival would not be affected by the Sun. Thin morning dew put a soft veil to the green but was fast to set to unseen fire beneath the heat. Rainfall was a saint that would not come in this task. White, fluffy clouds floated over head and any distant sounds of thunder would be carried across the waves inland from a sea-bound storm. The earth gasped to be refreshed, but got nothing but crumbling layers when she struck down and wore down the cracked edges of her hooves.
Her teacher speaks to her, a single ear that is closest to her other flicked with some speed into the line of Andromeda's voice. Curious, yet annoyed but the idea and how they would have to go about it, she casted a momentary gaze towards the oasis and the water that filled it's banks. "We'd have to carry it in our mouths. The bag has items in it and I don't want to ruin it and the bag. Maybe we could take turns: you could fill your mouth and use your wings for speed, empty it, we could dig together, and when the earth has had it's fill, I would go."
Eager to get it done, she chooses to let herself preform it first. There was a need for releasing tension from her leg muscles, feeling a surge of energy to be as useful as she could. "I'll take the first load, to make sure it wouldn't be a strain on us."
Then, she moves slow, careful, trying her greatest not add more dust and ground to their hard work. When she feels that the distance is enough, her heels are kicked up.
It takes more strides that she expects, her stride short but making up with speed. She drops down to a trot, slowing herself so that when she does come to the oasis, greeted by the cool water, her pace is nothing but a slow walk. Dipping her head down, she sips, taking in as much water as she could, before rotating on the right hind hoof to change her direction towards Andromeda.
Repeating the same process, pulling her strides beneath her barrel, dancing on her heels, her skull lowered and her lips parted lightly, letting a slow waterfall encase the plant. The earth around it darkened, becoming a muddy shade. Using care, more was taken away, until she felt that it could be taken up.
"Would you take it from the ground and put it in our bag? We'll move on to the next after you do."

OOC: So sorry for delays! I was forced out of town(again) and last week was a busy weekend for me.
@[Andromeda]
In winter, some voices are like coats - Mosteghanemi
Image Credit
This beautiful table courtesy of the lovely Sevin

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Messages In This Thread
Mundane Job - by Sikeax - 06-18-2014, 06:20 PM
RE: Mundane Job - by Andromeda - 06-18-2014, 10:26 PM
RE: Mundane Job - by Sikeax - 06-30-2014, 01:48 PM