the Rift

[OPEN] Mundane Job

Andromeda Posts: 91
Dragon's Throat Healer
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 5 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
The advice I over is taken into consideration with a bit of reluctance, evidenced by Sikeax's twitching ear and mouth. She's not sure that it will work and certainly, it requires a certain amount of effort. I can't blame her annoyance, but I respect her for being mindful of not showing it. I am not a harsh task master nor an unkind soul, but there are others in this world that are, and biting one's tongue is a useful skill to master. Should she look over at me, she will see me giving her an encouraging smile. It takes but a few moments for her to go to the oasis and return with a mouthful of water, letting it spill over the plant and the area around it that we are trying to churn up. As the filly carefully pulls the softened soil away from it, I see more of the roots of the plant exposed and feel my spirits lift. Despite my misgivings and doubts, my advice has proven useful. I feel a little bit validated, and certainly encouraged that we can complete the task set before us without too much difficulty. Of course, it will take time, but two minds and bodies working together can achieve many things. The filly directs my attention to the plant again and asks me to pull it up and put it in her bag. I nod a simple 'OK' and reach down, careful to place my teeth far down by the roots. It won't do to damage the stem which may be one of the most useful parts. I pull it gently, and after a moment's resistance, it comes free. I tiptoe over to the pouch that hangs at my apprentice's side and carefully place the plant inside.

"Very good, Sikeax." I try to recall what we have gathered, and what is left to gather. "What's next?" I sure don't sound like the teacher in all this, and I try to keep a frown from appearing on my countenance. Obviously, I need practice, and have little experience with herbs and plants.

"Speech."
Tag: @[Sikeax]
OOC: What was that we just gathered? LOL. And what's next?
ANDROMEDA
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Andromeda excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Mundane Job - by Sikeax - 06-18-2014, 06:20 PM
RE: Mundane Job - by Andromeda - 06-18-2014, 10:26 PM
RE: Mundane Job - by Sikeax - 06-30-2014, 01:48 PM
RE: Mundane Job - by Andromeda - 06-30-2014, 10:37 PM
RE: Mundane Job - by Sikeax - 07-02-2014, 12:52 PM
RE: Mundane Job - by Andromeda - 07-02-2014, 04:51 PM
RE: Mundane Job - by Sikeax - 07-08-2014, 02:24 PM
RE: Mundane Job - by Andromeda - 07-09-2014, 09:35 AM
RE: Mundane Job - by Sikeax - 07-10-2014, 08:56 PM
RE: Mundane Job - by Andromeda - 07-13-2014, 04:34 PM
RE: Mundane Job - by Sikeax - 07-15-2014, 06:33 PM