the Rift

[OPEN] Mundane Job

Andromeda Posts: 91
Dragon's Throat Healer
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 5 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
Sikeax is quick to jump on the opportunity to gather the remaining two herbs, and she seems to see the benefits of me taking to the skies. The filly encourages us to split, and before I can even say anything, she has taken off in the opposite direction. I shrug, and a smile creeps on my face. It is good that she is so eager and ambitious. I pump my wings a few times, and slowly my body begins to lift off the ground. When I get momentum going, I start flying over the desert land, looking for signs of limestone down below. It takes a little bit, but finally I see my target down below and gradually descend. When I reach it, I see that the trees with the myrrh are easy to spot. But the question is, how am I going to be able to get the sap from within? And how on earth am I going to transport it? I could use Sikeax's horn right about now. I use my healing magic - heat and flame - to warm the tree and start to burn it in one spot. Perhaps if I.... I concentrate hard and focus the flame into one thin needle. After a moment, I find that I'm getting exactly what I want. Resin from the tree - the myrrh gum - is pouring out onto the base of the tree. It pours faster that tree resin might normally pour, because the heat has turned it into a more liquid form. But upon landing on the base of the tree, it starts to coagulate and cool, hardening. I'm not really sure how this will be used medicinally, but maybe that's something that is just not for me to know right now. When I finally have enough, I knock it loose from the tree with the the edge of my hoof. I pick it up in my mouth, careful to keep only my teeth on it. Probably doesn't taste very good, but what do I know... I should maintain its integrity.

Getting a running start this time, I spread my wings again and take flight. Up in the air, I fly over and look for my apprentice. She's not the easiest to see against the pale sand, but eventually I spot her with her bags hanging from her shoulder. I wonder if it is getting heavy, or if she need some sort of assistance in carrying everything we've gathered. I land delicately next to her, and motion with my maw that I have the myrrh gathered there between my teeth. Of course it is hard to speak, my mouth full and all, but I hope she will understand that I have what we need. If she can just pull the flap up for me - it's rather hard with something hard in my mouth - I shall place it inside.

"Speech."

ANDROMEDA
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Andromeda excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Mundane Job - by Sikeax - 06-18-2014, 06:20 PM
RE: Mundane Job - by Andromeda - 06-18-2014, 10:26 PM
RE: Mundane Job - by Sikeax - 06-30-2014, 01:48 PM
RE: Mundane Job - by Andromeda - 06-30-2014, 10:37 PM
RE: Mundane Job - by Sikeax - 07-02-2014, 12:52 PM
RE: Mundane Job - by Andromeda - 07-02-2014, 04:51 PM
RE: Mundane Job - by Sikeax - 07-08-2014, 02:24 PM
RE: Mundane Job - by Andromeda - 07-09-2014, 09:35 AM
RE: Mundane Job - by Sikeax - 07-10-2014, 08:56 PM
RE: Mundane Job - by Andromeda - 07-13-2014, 04:34 PM
RE: Mundane Job - by Sikeax - 07-15-2014, 06:33 PM