the Rift

[OPEN] Direction to Perfection [Mandatory Herd Meeting]

Zikar-Sin Posts: 78
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 8
M.E.

He comes when called—it’s an old practice indeed for the Disciple, for his feet to fall in much the same path he has taken to the audience of his Lord and Lady since the mountain itself opened its maw to the lost unicorns of Helovia, allowing shelter and sanctuary in its stony bosom. Of course, Sin himself didn’t know so much about the lost unicorns of Helovia before the Basin’s discovery; his time and experience prohibited him from being so intimately familiar with the details of such a harrowing time. His ignorance on the subject had been remedied by the old Master, Myrddin. And yet—had he not witnessed the God of their skies and thunder crown the very first Empress of this beautiful, mournful, delightful place? From Empress to Emperor to Lord and Lady; they marched in and out, and he, Zikar-Sin, had spent his days in blissful discoveries and the faint, half-hearted hope that his Master would return.

It was a hope that was dashed in an instant, when he took his place before his lieges, and they announced one of the most curiously astounding things; it took the Disciple quite by surprise. No…not Disciple, not anymore. It seemed as though, quite by accident, Sin found himself climbing the rank of his station; and now, as it happened, he sat upon the very same rocking-chair he had been hoping would be populated very, very soon by an old, blind, grizzled, brusque unicorn that he had possessed undying affection and devotion for.

He breast swelled—but whether it was from joy or panic, he couldn’t tell. Actually—yes, he could tell exactly what it was, and it was silly to assume it was some base emotion that some other horseflesh might feel. What rose in the Haruspex’s chest was duty, and a growing sleuth of ideas and notions that ran to and fro, back and forth, up and down, side to side within the confines of his skull. And—for the first time in a very long while—none of it was based on the properties of natural philosophy. I haven’t been inside the caves in some time, he thought to himself, eyes wide and unblinking, the eerie light of his blue irises glowing with the delight of his new responsibilities, I will have to go through his records some time, and reacquaint myself with lore and ancient texts—yes, yes, and the Lady commands a celebration in our honor? Yes indeed, I may be needed to participate…

It wasn't until his Gilded Lady addressed him directly that he returned to the here and now, and he gave a slight simper of embarrassment. How atrocious his manners have become! “Of course, my Lady,” he said, giving his deepest, most respectful, and slightly clumsy bow. He righted himself, and lamp like eyes stared jubilantly at his mistress, glancing at her precious princeling once or twice. “I am most honored to take up the mantle of my Master. Thank you.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IMG Credit: ness094@deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Direction to Perfection [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Zikar-Sin - 06-21-2014, 11:31 AM