the Rift

[OPEN] Direction to Perfection [Mandatory Herd Meeting]

Rhiannon Posts: 76
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 6 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sparrow
I came because it was my obligation now. A duty. Since I had returned home to the Basin where I could finally be surrounded by my own kind once more, I had since taken up the bloody mantle of a soldier. A soldier, like the sad excuse of my biological mother... Except better. Yes, I was better, because I was strong.

A snort of scorn worked its way from the depths of my throat. Don't go getting it confused. It wasn't in her memory that I became a soldier, fueled by some petty form of honor or yearning to uphold her 'reputation' or 'dignity'. That was bogus at best. No, I became a soldier because power appealed to me. The idea of strength, of cunning, of the ability to dominate and control others sang to me from the deepest, darkest recesses of my mind and I was victim to do anything except obey.

My teeth gnashed in dark annoyance within the confines of my maw and gums as I made my way to the designated meeting place decided by my Lord, the King of Death and Darkness as he was. I was a mess of disarray; dirty, sweaty, and the furls and crimps of my mane and tail were far from preened and groomed, but I cared not a lick about it. Others arrived as well by the masses, but I remained on my own, away from the compilation of strangers that I did not know. It was a bit of a sad thought, I realized halfheartedly, that I had been born in this land of mountainous wonder over two years ago and knew not a soul save Illynx, Arah, Crowley, and my estranged half-siblings. If, of course, you wanted to count that I 'knew' them, for I most certainly didn't.

The dual-colored irises of my eyes, both rich gold and cold, detached silver, focused only on the form of my Lady Illynx, not missing the dark shadow of Rikyn as he followed in the steps of his mother. I kept my lips shut and simply stood at attention with my head held high, watching, listening... Waiting? Maybe. I saw no sign of Crowley, Arah, nor my half-sisters, but they could show. They still had time... Maybe. Maybe not. Still, my attention was directed only on the golden-accented form of Illynx, and I listened with rapt attention as she spoke of the changes and plans for the Basin.

I would nod, on occasion when something fancied my pleasure, like the sound of this supposed festival to celebrate the thriving of our kind and the unity of our family. This caused my dark lips to quirk upwards in a smirk. Good. Something like this was appealing, and as much as I preferred being by myself nowadays, it may give me a chance to better acquaint myself with the souls who I may die for one day.

Or, I could potentially meet someone else, someone alluring and desirable... The thought caused my small smirk to blossom into a full-blown grin, and I chuckled sensually to myself.

"What a wonderful idea."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Direction to Perfection [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Rhiannon - 06-22-2014, 04:27 PM