the Rift

[OPEN] Direction to Perfection [Mandatory Herd Meeting]

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
AITHNIEL
I had taken to calling the golden mare who took me in as "The Illynx". She was not "mother". She was not "mom'. Even "Illynx" seemed strange considering how impersonal she was, so I treated her like she acted - as a thing. "The Illynx". At least that was what she had taught me about grammar. (Okay, I probably got that part wrong, but whatever). Since her hawkish eyes were always watching Rikyn, I had taken to doing my own thing, making my own rules. Coming to a group meeting of all these strangers did not seem like a good idea, but it was mandatory.

They would all stare at me, surely. Everyone always stared at me like I was some freak. Obviously, to a degree, I was. I did not belong to anybody here. I belonged to nobody. Nobody was my mother. Nobody was my father.

Among these faces, I recognized only a few. Erebos, who stood up for me, and Rikyn, who saved my life. I'll forever owe him for that, I think. Torleik, the tall, scary looking one who was actually rather nice, was here, but he looked tired and wounded. Instead of walking toward them, I stayed off to the side, half-hidden behind a rock as I peered out at The Illynx speaking after some other scary stallion. What she said was surprising.

A party? Interesting. Apparently one called "Ulrik and Farenjer" were going to make decorations, and Torleik was to join them. Did he make decorations too? He certainly didn't look like he made decorations. He looked like he made pain. I wondered why this meeting was even necessary after it was called, but maybe they said important things that I just didn't care if they were important or not. I didn't care about many things. I think it's because whoever birthed me didn't care about me, but then I just stop thinking about those things. They make me feel all... weak inside.

And I can't cry in front of The Illynx. Maybe Rikyn. But I'd rather not. As soon as the meeting was over, I walked up to my brother and Erebos, quietly, hoping that no judgmental eyes of adults were watching. (They always were, but I thought I was being sneaky).

Image Credit

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Direction to Perfection [Mandatory Herd Meeting] - by Aithniel - 06-27-2014, 07:11 PM