the Rift

[OPEN] That's no hallucination

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen

Rei

Rei's eyes softened and she lightly brushed her nose against her new found friend's. In the slight motion lay the wordless solace that can only be offered through spirits made kindred through the same sort of longing. In Africa's soft doe-like eyes Rei had seen the whisperings of her own heart. The yearning for one's parents was something no one could escape.

The weighted sigh that escaped her lips was the last sign of her inner musings before she moved forward to the brighter topic on hand. "You must be extremely thankful for such a gift. I am glad that you can still fly." Looking up at the vast blue sky full of endless possibilities she continued speaking while squinting her eyes against the glaring sun. "The contentment of letting the summer breeze dance around you whilst you glide. The rush of making your way through a savage storm. Nothing compares to flight." She looked at the other pegasus curiously, who was she? How did one come about getting a God to do such a thing?

Rei's head jerked a little in response to the startle she received from Africa's question.

"Me? Magic?" Several grand versions of herself pranced through her head. "Well I haven't ever thought about it. Not since I was a foal, back in Lytninia becoming capable of doing such things wasn't believed to be possible. I suppose Helovia's lands must be teeming with surprises if I have already came across this many in a matter of days." Already beginning to lose herself in unrestrained daydreaming "I cannot wait to discover them all. One day my name will be well known across these lands." Far from the grip of the spite that sickened her homeland she would kick down success' door. She would make it not because of those who had previously stood in her way but instead she would reach high places in spite of them. Those she had once wished to see fall from their ivory towers she had became indifferent towards and only wished for them to squirm in the brightness of the future she would pave for herself.

"I hope to spend much time here! Maybe my father will stumble upon this place also. It is what they all recommend to do whenever you are lost, after all. Stay in one place until you are found again." Rei brightly chirped with all of her broodiness cast aside. "Although it isn't I who is lost, my father is the one who should be remaining stationary. We are doing things backwards!" She chuckled warmly.

Rei felt herself relax after Africa's words. A small close knit family was what she needed now. When she left Rei had stopped to tell her mother of her quest to find her father; it had been like speaking to empty space. No words had left the older mare's ebony lips. A slight nod was the only sign that she had given to show that she had after all heard her daughter. Before leaving to listlessly graze beside the stallion she had been betrothed to the mother and daughter shared one last tender moment with Leridana lovingly spreading the dark paint over Rei's spotted body. Before leaving Rei plucked one of the ebony colored feathers that she had inherited from her mother and left next to the treasured lightly speckled feather of her father's that the pair of them had kept. It was her promise to her mother that she and her father would someday return. She knew that her mother wished her well, but Rei pined for the warmth that she had lost. It was only something that could be regained by belonging in a family unit once more.

"Talents." Rei floundered internally trying to think of a talent she possessed. "I know that I must have some, but I am drawing a blank. I will get back to you on that one." In the back of her mind she still scrambled trying to bring to mind one of her talents. The spotted pegasus was largely concerned with making great first impressions and it bothered her that she hadn't been able to think of a single talent. "I cannot even think of a witty response to me being unable to think of anything." Brightly she smiled at Africa.

"But I do have an education. My grandfather could be a rather eccentric fellow and he insisted that I learn my writing well. He swore that I would be able to put the ability to good use. As a filly I used it to write the things that my parents promised to do in order to hold them to their word whenever they 'forgot'. My grandfather gained eternal amusement from those stand offs."

Africa gracefully lowered her head to the water's edge graciously sipping the water. Rei, feeling terribly thirsty, tripped over herself in her hurry to get a drink and thrust her head into the water too quickly making a splash. Attempting to regain composure she licked the remaining water droplets from her muzzle.

Laughing at her slip up she continued talking where she had left off."I hope to find my place in the herd quickly, anything that Dragon's Throat is in need of I am willing to fill the place of. Is there a leader or someone I would have to discuss such things with?"

Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Messages In This Thread
That's no hallucination - by Africa - 06-20-2014, 06:23 AM
RE: That's no hallucination - by Africa - 06-23-2014, 08:50 PM
RE: That's no hallucination - by Africa - 07-06-2014, 05:22 AM