the Rift

Between heartbeats [azzuen, whit]

Cassiopeia Posts: 171
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hands :: 8 years old
Phantom

Cassiopeia
trust your heart if the seas catch fire

Cognizance gradually occupied his dark body, and she turned her head to watch him as he shifted beneath her. He parted his mouth wide, a deep yawn eluding his lungs. She raised her head from his barrel, slender legs still folded beneath her as she studied him with unabated affection. "Good morning, my handsome stud." She said with a quavering expression of mirth, a trace of humor laced flawlessly within. "Were your dreams pleasant?" Her eyelids flickered as he pressed the plush velour of his maw against her chiseled face.

She then pondered once again the possible consequence of their actions - though it could hardly be considered a consequence, really: more so an outcome; a blessing; a charming aftermath - that alleged 'consequence' being a foal of course. She too had seen her, frolicking through the recesses of her mind while sleep had enveloped her like an omening sheathe. For the majority of her life, she had witnessed vague glimpses of the future. Sometimes, such glimpses weren't quite so vague; other times she could locate little explanation as to why they were presented to her. This one, however, was plain as day. She wondered if her love could feel it, too.

What's on your mind, beloved?

He must've sensed her thoughtfulness. She looked toward him endearingly, mouth held partially agape. "My thoughts daren't drift far from recalling my love for you." She regarded him coyly, recalling him uttering the very same words almost a year ago. She found it astonishing just how quickly times goes by. She leaned against him then, savoring the cool miracle of his skin. It was the truth, was it not? "Azzuen, I had a dream about us - our family." She paused as she rubbed against his tough hide, thinking. "There were four of us." She elaborated, ears perked forward with interest as to what reaction he might have to this. She then pulled slowly away, actively analyzing the expressive countenance of his eyes. "There was a filly with Cirrus, Azzuen. Do you think..." She wondered if his thoughts were traveling toward similar destinations.

image by Jyoujo @ deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
Between heartbeats [azzuen, whit] - by Cassiopeia - 08-23-2012, 09:50 PM
RE: Between heartbeats | azzuen - by Ázzuen - 08-24-2012, 04:26 AM