the Rift

[OPEN] Labyrinths of the Heart

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen

Rei

Rei slightly cocked her head to the side taking in the unicorn in front of her. It was not until coming into Helovia that she had ever seen one of the horned creatures. Not only had she discovered the existence of unicorns, but also horses. The horses were without wings or horns. With the disconcerting thought of being unable to take to the bright blue skies her feathers ruffled themselves in protest. Slightly extending her wings she daintily she flapped them before settling them back into place.

"I was looking for my way out," lifting each hoof in a dance of slight release she smiled tiredly. " This place had been calling my name ever since I flew over it. I have been here for ages-" her words were briefly interrupted by a yawn. "I came in hopes that this great adventure would play out. It wasn't quite as adventure packed as I planned, but it has been much more grand than what I could have ever imagined. My body is more than ready to leave, but I cannot say the same for myself. I could stay in here for days and not have it fully explored."

Rei continued to marvel at their surroundings watching as the soft light from the crystals glinted on Tangere's light sheen of sweat. She tried not to gape at the gorgeous bird that the mare called Phrixus. He was certainly an animal that was breathtaking at any given time but at the moment with the lights dancing on his creamy white feathers he looked like an animal from her favorite foals' tale.

"In this lighting with the light casting colors onto his feathers your friend, Phrixus, looks like a bird from one of the tales from my homeland." Dreamily with half lidded eyes she told the story. "My homeland is called Lytninia, and whenever the land was created it was carefully sculpted with the utmost care. In that time there was no color in the world and the creator of Lytninia had developed the colors of green, red, blue, green, and yellow. He wished for his creation to be like no other.

The creator had a booming voice that shook the surrounding area to his like thunder. In this surrounding area was the kingdom of the birds. Late one night the bird king was awoken from his slumber by the voice of the creator. As curiousity is in a bird's nature he sat on his branch and listed to the plans the creator had made to bring color to his new land and listened to him rant over his frustrations in not being a very good painter.

Jealousy tinged the bird king's heart and while the creator slept he stole the colors. Whenever he returned to his own home with them the birds began to sing brightly with excitement. It was the first time anyone had ever heard birdsong. The bird king was amazed that his people could bring such sounds into existence and while he was strutting around with pride a young bird swooped from her perch in the tree above and soaked the colors into her feathers in order to fly them back to their rightful owner.

In return for her kindness towards the pegasi the young bird was awarded a dash of each of the colors that she had brought back. The colors had been intended for the bird to paint her own plumage as the creator had enjoyed looking at the bright feathers. But instead she remembered the un-containable joy the colors had brought to her family and friends and she used all of the color she was given to sprinkle the flowers of her own home with the colors.

Seeing how well the bird had painted the flowers the creator pleaded for her to paint Lytninia. She agreed to the Creator's request but would only agree to do so if he granted her as much color as she asked for. From that morning after in the early hours, after the nighttime had soaked up the color leaving the word cloaked in black and white she flew across the world, and with her flight she dribbled the color into all of the lands."

Rei finished the story and closed her eyes briefly holding onto the imagery the story brought along with it.

"From it comes the moral that no matter how small you or your actions may be, your kindness will bring brightness into those you meet and the places that you go. My parents used to tell me that story. I can still hear their voices whenever I think back. My mother's bell like tone dancing with my father's baritone. I guess that this is a bout of homesickness showing itself," she laughed but it didn't hold the same amount of lightness that her laughs normally bubbled with. How could she miss a place that had so much prejudice in it? "Are you originally from Helovia?"

Maybe we could speak while we make our way out of here? Rei blushed realizing that she hadn't even really asked if Tangere would or could show her the way out. That's if you aren't busy, hastily she amended. Stepping to the side the spotted pegasus made room for the unicorn to step forward. "What brought you into the caves?"

Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Messages In This Thread
Labyrinths of the Heart - by Rei - 06-21-2014, 09:07 PM
RE: Labyrinths of the Heart - by Tangere - 06-22-2014, 10:08 AM
RE: Labyrinths of the Heart - by Tangere - 06-29-2014, 06:02 PM