the Rift

[PRIVATE] Wounds of Soul & Flesh

Déodat Posts: 174
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 12 HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Odette :: White German Shepherd :: None Minx
Déodat
And all the harm I've ever done, alas, it was to none but me

Failure. Déodat was an utter failure, and once again he dragged another down with him. Odette had been at his side in the midst of his conversation with Torleik. Carefully he picked the pup up and placed her onto his shoulders, despite his own wounds. Blood was pouring out from the hole punctured into his flesh, and he knew time was ticking before he wouldn’t be able to continue on. The state of Torleik and his companion meant nothing at the moment, they had, had their time together and their thoughts exchanged. Now, he needed to deliver Odette to Lena.
Rain soaked his skin and he knew Odette was in no better shape. Soft whimpers passed from her lips and he could feel her pain just as much as she felt his. They were two beings formed into one soul and he understood in that moment how precious she was. “L-Lena!” He called out into the downpour, his voice strained and quieter than he had hoped. “Le-Lena please!” Desperation laced his tone, and no matter what manly pride he had, it was gone as he pleaded for the aid of his friend. He didn’t want to die. He didn’t want to pass before seeing his filly rise to adulthood. He didn’t want to die like this.

As he walked aimlessly, he felt himself stumble and slide in the mud. Down his front side went and Odette with him. She fell onto the ground with a loud yelp and he could feel her pain shoot through his frame. Slowly he rose himself up and glanced up at the sky, silently cursing any god or spirit that had condemned him to this life of failure and shame.

“You’re not taking me tonight,” Déodat said as he spat onto the ground. “Today Death, is not my day. Neither is it yours.” He felt his despair fade away as a mere splinter of hope filled him. The Blood Prince seized Odette by the scruff and dropped her onto his shoulder again as he looked about. “Lena!” His voice was still weak, but there was more strength than his previous attempts ..

@[Lena]
x - x
[Image: QV8O7HU.gif]
Cut from the cloth, of a flag that
Bears the name of "Battle Born"
con by aihnna@dA

Messages In This Thread
Wounds of Soul & Flesh - by Déodat - 06-22-2014, 02:27 PM
RE: Wounds of Soul & Flesh - by Lena - 06-22-2014, 05:52 PM
RE: Wounds of Soul & Flesh - by Déodat - 06-24-2014, 01:24 AM
RE: Wounds of Soul & Flesh - by Lena - 06-27-2014, 09:06 AM
RE: Wounds of Soul & Flesh - by Déodat - 07-01-2014, 02:05 AM