the Rift

[PRIVATE] Wounds of Soul & Flesh

Déodat Posts: 174
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 12 HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Odette :: White German Shepherd :: None Minx
Déodat
And all the harm I've ever done, alas it was to none but me

You owe me nothing. He should’ve expected such a response from the Time Mender. Regardless of her comment, Déodat never let a debt go unpaid or an act of kindness go unpaid. Her next words elicited a soft laugh despite his previous distress and despair. “Yes, it would be nice to simply be able to chat with you and not be caked in my own blood.”

Odette looked up at him, panting and wagging her tail. Her gaze flickered over to the peculiar fox her head tilting to the left and then to the right. Obviously she was curious, but Déodat sensed her wariness and was grateful for it, even if Imogen was harmless. Instead of insisting on play, she nestled herself into her bonded’s leg, taking comfort in his warmth and presence. Déodat found the pup’s touch welcome and a reassurance. Today had been a great failure, but a failure they shared together. Hotaru’s words echoed in the back of his mind of an unshakable bond through the stormiest of weather. They had held strong through one trial, and Odette was still little more than a babe. Come adulthood she would be a stalwart companion and friend.

His mind drifted back to the present as a question escaped from Lena’s lips. For a moment he was unsure precisely how to respond. So much had happened in so little time. He went from the bachelor to the father of one daughter alongside his troublesome dog. The Plague had been reborn(not that he would reveal that to his friend).

“There have been ups and downs, but mostly positive lately.” He said with a slow nod. “I sired a daughter with the mare Esther.” He might as well simply expose his actions to his friend. “Her name is Mirabella, I’ll have to introduce her to you.” She looked like him, and Déodat knew any who saw the filly prance through the Basin could trace back her origins.
"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in." Quisque iaculis dapibus fermentum.
x - x
[Image: QV8O7HU.gif]
Cut from the cloth, of a flag that
Bears the name of "Battle Born"
con by aihnna@dA

Messages In This Thread
Wounds of Soul & Flesh - by Déodat - 06-22-2014, 02:27 PM
RE: Wounds of Soul & Flesh - by Lena - 06-22-2014, 05:52 PM
RE: Wounds of Soul & Flesh - by Déodat - 06-24-2014, 01:24 AM
RE: Wounds of Soul & Flesh - by Lena - 06-27-2014, 09:06 AM
RE: Wounds of Soul & Flesh - by Déodat - 07-01-2014, 02:05 AM
RE: Wounds of Soul & Flesh - by Lena - 07-01-2014, 05:40 PM