the Rift

[OPEN] good times last forever, right? [Leeka Welcoming]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

“Oh, I hope it wasn't,” Kahlua added, referring to the darkness that had engulfed Helovia and destroyed so much of the land. She would not wish those terrors on anyone. The monsters that had roamed, the fear, the chaos. It was like a bad horror movie that she could not escape. As for Mirage and unicorns, Kahlua was more than happy to oblige that conversation. “Mirage was... a fantastic mare. The gods had blessed her with the ability to transform from a black mare into a golden dragon. She started our herd and gave us the mission for peace. She was strong and smart, diplomatic...” Kahlua trailed off for a moment. Her memories of the ebony queen her few and far between, but she had idolized the mare almost as much as she revered the gods in the heavens above. “I could only dream to be half as good a queen as she was.” But there was not bitterness in her voice. Kahlua honestly believed that she would always be covered by Mirage's shadow and she was okay with it.

“Unicorns are another matter entirely, and I assure you they don't eat flesh,” she laughed gaily. It was not mocking, nor snide. Simply a joyous sound, a brilliant and celebratory noise. Celebrating what? Life. “They are horses that have horns upon their heads, or antlers or some other sort of spikes.” She had known nothing of unicorns or pegasi on her arrival either, and yet had been greeted by a hulking stallion with leather bat wings. “Most are fine... there are a few in the Basin to the north that have made a bad name for the rest, picking on those without horns for no reason other than they don't like us, but even they seem to be coming around. Illynx, who leads them, made a diplomatic trip to our forest not so long ago asking for an alliance. We have not yet answered them...” She trailed off, frowning. They still needed to answer the Basin but even the childish queen who was quick to trust was not so ready to forgive them.

With the boughs of the Edge over her head, however, the queen felt safe, and in leading her new friend across the border she felt a familiar surge of happiness at adding someone to their family. “Oh, no. Anyone can have magic, if the gods are feeling kindly enough. For instance the Sun God has sent me on a quest so that I might get magic of my own. But any of our council members- our doctors, head warriors and spies, our Seer and our crafter Dragomir- that oversee the herd are granted magic by our herd's patron the Moon Goddess, to help them in their rank.” Having spilled out so much information, chatted for too long, the queen broke into another round of happy laughter. “Forgive me, my mouth runs away with me some times!” Silence herself, she turned her blue eyes to Leeka, eager for the mare's responses to all that she had said.

@[Leeka]

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
RE: good times last forever, right? [Leeka Welcoming] - by Kahlua - 06-27-2014, 08:17 PM