[JUDGED] Harlots and drunkards [Cirrus, Rosti teaching spar]

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
By my verdict: CIRRUS is the winner!

ROSTISLAV
Realism [+1]
:: My two-toned mane sticks to my neck, and I realize that we are both now totally soaked. Just be cautious with statements like this. I know it's raining out, but who is to say Cirrus didn't move under a tree.
:: Personally, I would have liked more mention of how Rosti feels about somehow who looks as weird as Cirrus. It has to be disconcerting to fight against someone who's color is constantly changing.
:: By the end of your second post, I'm really noticing something lacking- Rosti is supposed to be a drunk. He has that flask on his shoulder so easily accessible, I really want to see more consideration given to this fact. Especially after being bruised so hard, I would expect him to at least consider taking a drink. I know you have OOC reasons for him not to take a drink, but he doesn't know that drinking will cause him loss of 5HP, so be sure to give an IC reason why he doesn't.
:: Given that the dice roll was a 1 in Cirrus 2/3, I don't think I would have taken damage from both her hoof and her teeth- that seems like a little too much damage for such a light roll.
:: The adrenaline rushing through me keeps my pain in check only enough for me to continue this fight. Caution, with using adrenaline to explain things like this. I usually think its much safer, and preferable, to put it in context of what the character is doing. He is so determined to get her, or determined to finish without looking like a fool, something else, that he is able to ignore it for the moment.
:: It's outside the scope of judging, so you didn't lose points for it, but in your final post I think you went too far back in time with starting. You've already covered her biting you in post 3/3, you don't need to cover it again in this post.

Emotion [+1]
:: Good emotion in the opening post, some of it felt a little cursory, but I did appreciate its presence. You did especially good with comparing the rain to Cirrus' tears.
:: I think you could have delved a little more into what it feels like to have the wind knocked out of you, but overall I think you do a fairly good job of giving a good mix of 'comic relief' Rosti with 'real character' Rosti, if you catch my drift.
:: As I noted above, I really think you needed to spend more time considering his alcohol addiction.

Prose [+3]
:: Fury shown in her electric blue eyes, and I pin my ears back against my skull. First post, should probably read fury is shown.
:: As great as my attack my have been, may have been.
:: Your writing got a little choppy when Rosti stopped to assess Cirrus- it seemed a little forced more than natural.
:: The mud below will begin to thicken as the water slowly evaporates from them, Evaporates from it.

Readability [+3]
:: No comments or concerns.

Finally tally: 37.5+(2*8)= 53.5HP

CIRRUS
Realism [+3.5]
:: In your first post, at first I thought the line of damage across her mandible was from Rosti's teeth, but in reading again I think it might actually be from one of his horns, since you say 'hardened muzzle', which makes more sense from a damage standpoint, but I just would have liked a little more clarity here.
:: All throughout, I think you did an amazing job of working the scenery into your posts. I love that you always keep the muddy ground in mind and consider how it would effect all of her, not just her balance.
:: Good job using her magic to help her achieve lift in your final post- However, I still tend to think that pegasi need some sort of running start to achieve flight, especially since (per her battle restrictions) the wind shouldn't have been terribly intense.

Emotion [+2.5]
:: Hitting me in the feels right from the start- great job drawing me into Cirrus' character.
:: Again in your last post, the emotion was simply exquisite. I love the consideration you give to her dead companion and the way that you work it into your posts!

Prose [+4]
:: You spelled Rosti's name wrong a couple times, in your first post. Otherwise, everything was extremely well-edited and I could tell you really put effort into your writing.

Readability [+2.5]
:: Just one minor concern at the beginning regarding horns vs. teeth, as noted. Otherwise no comments or concerns.

Finally tally: 34+(12.5*2)= 59HP

Messages In This Thread
RE: Harlots and drunkards [Cirrus, Rosti teaching spar] - by Official - 07-12-2014, 01:50 PM