the Rift

Déjà Vu

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
He was an interesting steed. Well-travelled and learned, Mirage longed to know more about his history, about what made Lace Lace. Wisdom dripped from his maw, his tones respectful and yet challenging at the same time. He questioned her resolve, something that she had done herself not a few nights earlier, atop the ridge that was the Veins of the Gods. Her ears swivelled atop her tiara, unusually expressive for a mare so commonly wearing a mask of indifference. It was impossible for her to be indifferent regarding this subject, however.

"I would die for my kin, any one of them." She said simply, an unintentional sharpness entered her voice. He continued to speak, and she noticed they had stopped walking, her form stepping around in front of him now, so that they might have a discussion face to face once more. He raised all the questions that she had posed herself, questions that dared to burn her resolve up into a pile of ashes. It truly annoyed her that he was so swift to address such insecurities; she was not used to being on this end of the conversation.

"It would be better for my kin to die trying to gain a home, something they need, than to slowly rot where they are, unprotected by the evils that would slay them in these lands." Her voice was strong, it did not waver in her explanation. Her kin would bleed for her, even her allies would, as she was prepared to bleed for them. A snort rippled through her nostrils. Akaith dropped down from the skies, landing elegantly upon her bonded's back, purring in her strange draconic way, offering comfort that only she could offer to her soul-partner.

"I know what must come following my actions." She spoke quieter now, but the lowering of the volume did nothing to lower the truth in her words. "Do not mistake me for a war monger." That same sharpness from before entered her tone, her eyes boring deep into his own, questioning him for questioning her. She didn't even know why she felt so compelled to explain herself to him. But then she did… it was the Qian he was questioning, something she was so passionate about that there was no way she could step aside should she ever feel like someone was questioning, or threatening, their purpose.

"I saw the lands of Isilme be torn apart by war. I do not long for such things to occur here. Brute force is not my only tool, but is likely to be required considering what it is I ask for." Her eyes cooled in their harshness, but never looked away from the stallion's, nor did her posture shift from the strong, sturdy carriage of determination and grit.

"Should another option, one that involves less bloodshed, ever arise for what is needed for my kin to survive, know that I would gladly take it."

sxc.hu

Messages In This Thread
Déjà Vu - by Lace - 08-24-2012, 12:42 PM
RE: Déjà Vu - by Mirage - 08-24-2012, 07:55 PM
RE: Déjà Vu - by Lace - 08-25-2012, 08:15 AM
RE: Déjà Vu - by Mirage - 08-25-2012, 07:53 PM
RE: Déjà Vu - by Lace - 08-26-2012, 08:22 AM
RE: Déjà Vu - by Mirage - 08-27-2012, 11:24 PM
RE: Déjà Vu - by Lace - 08-28-2012, 12:35 AM
RE: Déjà Vu - by Mirage - 08-28-2012, 01:29 AM
RE: Déjà Vu - by Lace - 08-28-2012, 02:07 AM
RE: Déjà Vu - by Mirage - 08-28-2012, 08:11 PM