the Rift

Déjà Vu

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

He was infuriating in his stony indifference. So easily were the tables turned, so simply had she walked into this emotional trap. Akaith continued to croon upon her back, shuffling her wings here and there, stroking the equine's mane gently with her dextrous claws. Mirage's outward appearance settled, tension ebbed away from her muscles and her sights cooled - a little bit. There was still passion evident behind those liquid gold pools. A nod tilted her tiara as he spoke; she knew he meant no harm by his words, and she berated herself inwardly for allowing her passion to overthrow her façade. It would not happen again. He asked another question, and that devious, shadow of a smile once again softened her lips. Her tones were smooth, gentle now, weaving a tale and explaining all that has led the mare to this point; albeit vastly condensed.

"It was once in my nature to follow others, to allow myself to bend to their laws and give them my loyalty without question. I have been in many herds, I have aided the Leaders in making their decisions. But here... Helovia has awakened an ambition with me." Her eyes had drifted during the speech, but the last sentence warranted they clutch onto Lace's own gaze once more with a hint of the ferocity that they had shown before.

"I care too deeply for those who place their trust in me, I must deliver to them what I feel is within our rights to claim. I could not undermine my allies by requesting they share their lands with the Qian. My allies have my loyalty, and I offer them my aid when it is needed." Affection once again stained her tones, if there was one thing she wished to convey to this steed it was the sheer love and devotion she felt for those of the Qian, even those who could claim to be an ally of them. Mirage was a unique mare, capable of loving, deeply and wholly, more than one soul at a time - and there was a time when she had indeed found herself torn between two steeds. But things had come to pass and she had controlled her emotions, like she always did, her love for her draconic mate unique as Vikram was himself.

"At this stage, any place that would accommodate us and our beliefs would be welcome. I do not long for war, for bloodshed. But I have sought counsel with the Gods of these lands; there is no other option." Finally, she addressed the actual question Lace had posed, hoping to make clear that much thought indeed, had gone into her drawing these conclusions. Mirage hated war, loathed it in fact, but it was a necessary evil in this case - she wondered idly if those who believed so strongly in their racism felt the same.

"Forgive me. It is not in my usual manner to bore strangers crossing the Threshold with politics and my life story." Tiara dipped again, the mare's normalcy mostly resettling over her again. Akaith chirruped from her back, to which Mirage allowed a smile to more broadly cross her face. "Akaith wishes to know if we have turned you off Helovia, you see she sorely hopes not. She longs to fly with Fajira some more."

sxc.hu

Messages In This Thread
Déjà Vu - by Lace - 08-24-2012, 12:42 PM
RE: Déjà Vu - by Mirage - 08-24-2012, 07:55 PM
RE: Déjà Vu - by Lace - 08-25-2012, 08:15 AM
RE: Déjà Vu - by Mirage - 08-25-2012, 07:53 PM
RE: Déjà Vu - by Lace - 08-26-2012, 08:22 AM
RE: Déjà Vu - by Mirage - 08-27-2012, 11:24 PM
RE: Déjà Vu - by Lace - 08-28-2012, 12:35 AM
RE: Déjà Vu - by Mirage - 08-28-2012, 01:29 AM
RE: Déjà Vu - by Lace - 08-28-2012, 02:07 AM
RE: Déjà Vu - by Mirage - 08-28-2012, 08:11 PM