the Rift

[DROP] A creature of blue

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

Destrier and Suli</style>

I'd left the Edge to clear my head after the meeting. Shame filled me as I mulled over the thoughts that had poured into my head as I listened to my brother of golden hide dub the new Captains, an honor and title I hoped Archibald and Ktulu would cherish just as much as I had during my time. Although I knew it was wrong, knew that it was childish and simply not like me to feel so bitter towards the ordeal, I found accepting the change to be difficult beyond words.

"You challenge," warmed Suli's thoughts within my own, urging me to pick my head up and turn to look at the emerald as she flew low, hovering near my head as we moved across the land to wherever my hooves led me.

"No," I answered back as I regarded her, a perturbed look in my eye, "Who's to say they are not better than I? These thoughts don't belong in my mind, but that of a child." The corners of the dragoness' mouth pulled down into a thin, unappeased frown at that, but she spoke no other words on the subject. "... I'm sorry," I offered after a few minutes had ticked by, fearing I had somehow upset her. Suli kept her violet gaze turned away from me for another moment longer before finally looking to me, as if contemplating exactly what she wanted to do, before closing the small gap between us and pulling her wings close, landing in a heap atop my head. It was impossible to disobey the smile that pulled at my lips. Oh, what would I do without the emerald...

The sound of hissing captures my attention as we head past the Veins. Drawing to a halt, I regard the land in silence; it was vastly different than every other time I had come here. No longer was it the calm, eerily quiet place of the Gods, but rather a magnificent, powerful and untamed display as lava shifted, bubbled and rose from the ground. The instinctual part of my mind told me to turn and get away from whatever it was, but it paled against my curiosity.

Others had already gathered, many of them faces I had never met, but there were two that garnered my attention almost immediately; Kahlua, my humble Queen, and Aurelia, the fire-bitch who deserved to smolder beneath the hooves of the Edge. It was my painted Queen I stepped closer to, disregarding Aurelia as I neared Kahlua's side and gave a soft nicker so as to warn her of my approach. She was looking towards Aurelia, though her body language hardly displayed anything akin to hate and loathing. I was unable to decipher what she was feeling or why she looked upon Aurelia in such a way, as the sight of a fiery, lava-borne equine rose from the blue.

Her eyes pierced the very soul. I had seen enough of Helovia and the rest of the world to guess that she was of the land itself, perhaps a spirit, the lady of the lava, a guardian of the land when the Gods couldn't show themselves... Her very presence nearly had me on bent knee, as how could I not show respect to such an astonishing creature? But she spoke, and I remained on all four feet as I listened. 'Respect the soul bonds,' she said, her voice like the embodiment of fire, 'Honor the spirit tie.'

Suli.

The emerald seemed to wedge her way into my mind the moment the lava mare's words rolled from her tongue of fire. Our minds, our souls, our very spirits had intertwined into one the day that she had hatched over a year ago. She was, without a doubt, one of the best things to happen to me in all my years, and now, I couldn't imagine life without her. The dragoness pressed her nose into my ear then, giving a throaty purr and rubbing her smooth horns along side it as if in agreement. Again a smile pulled at my lips, and I only wished I could give Suli the same sort of display of affection.

"We have honored it for many a season, Ysbryd Da."

[Ysbryd Da - Great Spirit]

[ooc - Destrier would like a blue dragon! :D I also have an 'extra drop roll' on my prize list.]

"Speak."

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
A creature of blue - by Random Event - 06-23-2014, 11:01 PM
RE: A creature of blue - by Miykael - 06-24-2014, 12:07 AM
RE: A creature of blue - by Aurelia - 06-24-2014, 12:53 AM
RE: A creature of blue - by Cirrus - 06-24-2014, 01:10 AM
RE: A creature of blue - by Bellona - 06-24-2014, 01:47 AM
RE: A creature of blue - by Amani - 06-24-2014, 01:48 AM
RE: A creature of blue - by Destry - 06-24-2014, 08:13 AM
RE: A creature of blue - by Kahlua - 06-24-2014, 10:29 AM
RE: A creature of blue - by Satanic Silk - 06-24-2014, 05:13 PM
RE: A creature of blue - by Destrier - 06-24-2014, 06:19 PM