the Rift

[RANDOM EVENT] A learned woman [Earth]

Cashmere Posts: 115
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 5 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Cashmere

Magic is something special. And there is not an ounce of doubt of that in mind as something great rises before me. At first, I think that it might be a pillar, some stone creation come from the ground, seemingly from nowhere. But as the seconds tick by, I find that my initial perception was misleading. The stone begins to crack, and falls with small cracks and rumbles to the ground, revealing beneath it a figure that is not unfamiliar to me. A huge bay behemoth, a chocolately bay, horned and winged, is being unveiled before my eyes. Green tinges the ends of his black hairs.

Finally the transformation (apparition?) stops, and I find that there are no rock chunks from the pillar to be seen. Magic is something special. I bow my head to him and raise it again as he addresses me. To tell him all I have seen may take a few moments, but I gather from his soft, rumbling tone he is a patient God, and will hear me out.

Honor to thee. I begin respectfully, and already a smile is starting dance its way across my lips. I am excited by my travels, and by being here in front of the God that will be one to gift me magic, who is also the Patron God of my home. I traveled to the places you told me, and learned what you tasked me to learn. In the World's Edge, I met Aaron, a Glazier who crafts from glass. They use the power of the Goddess of the Moon, and can cover items in glass and create them from thin air. Much as I wish to do. I remember watching Aaron cover the branch in glass, and my great amazement at how easily he appeared to do it.

I continue on. My dear Sohalia greeted me when I went to Dragon's Throat. I met her when we were in the caves, and was delighted to see that she could craft from ore that she pulled from the ground. With the metal she forges, she makes statues, chains, sheets of metal, gates... She told me the possibilities were endless. I pause in thought, remembering now that it took a little more effort for Sohalia to pull the ore from the ground. That doesn't surprise me - to extract it from the earth must be difficult and require much concentration, just as I have to concentrate to work the stone in the Falls. Of course, I am not aware that now Sohalia is one of the leaders of the Throat.

And last but not least, I start to describe what I learned in the Basin. I haven't looked close enough to see if the God appears impatient with me and my rambling - I am trying to be as concise as I can. After all, there is a lot of information. He has yet to cut me off (or if he has I have been deaf to it), so I can only assume that is a good sign. I met with Ulrik and Farenjer in Aurora Basin. A strange pair, but they seem to work well together. They weave, and can make things like rope, tents, bags, the like. I do not dwell long on them - it was a strange experience for me, and I had a strange sense of unease while I was there. But my story of my adventures is wrapping up, and I look more closely to see if the Earth God's disposition is favorable.

Walk. Talk.

What is BROKEN cannot always be REMADE
Image Credit
[Image: cashmere_by_lainey_lou-d73bbjq.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
A learned woman [Earth] - by Cashmere - 06-24-2014, 08:57 PM
RE: A learned woman [Earth] - by God of the Earth - 06-30-2014, 12:54 PM
RE: A learned woman [Earth] - by Cashmere - 06-30-2014, 01:21 PM
RE: A learned woman [Earth] - by God of the Earth - 06-30-2014, 03:15 PM
RE: A learned woman [Earth] - by Cashmere - 07-02-2014, 12:59 PM