the Rift

[PRIVATE] Shed no tears (Closed)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
take away the pain inflicted on me, the hunger you're letting me feed
The reason behind this calling became painfully obvious only moments after our reunion. I visibly stiffened when Silk announced that he was leaving this place—leaving me behind to deal with the repercussions of leadership. Brows drew themselves together and my previous smile faded into a dimmer grin; Silk had become a trusted brother to me and I valued his wisdom…considering I still lacked the majority of friends in this place.

His departure would leave me one less soul that could be relied upon.

Wings slowed their steady beat, each thrust growing shallower as I dipped toward the ground. Hindfeet first brushing the soil below, body lowered easily and gently. Concerned pools shifted to his, “Thee is free to travel to her, and though it grieves me to see ye go…I grant ye my blessing.” Satanic Silk had the freedom to do as his heart demanded; perhaps if I’d had the strength to travel to Ktulu when she’d bid me—our fate would have turned out differently. We couldn’t send the shadow of the sun in reverse any more than I could step backwards though time.

I tried to smile wider and succeeded in only stifling my sadness with a soft smirk, “Thank ye, for your service.” He’d grown so much and there was more yet to be seasoned into his skull, Dragon’s Throat was good at molding rouge stallions into fine young men of worth. I had every confidence that this fellow would do the world fine—perhaps even sire more like him.

Table by Neo, Art by Dark

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Shed no tears (Closed) - by Satanic Silk - 06-28-2014, 09:19 PM
RE: Shed no tears - by Midas - 06-29-2014, 09:23 PM
RE: Shed no tears - by Satanic Silk - 06-29-2014, 10:57 PM
RE: Shed no tears - by Midas - 06-30-2014, 02:49 PM
RE: Shed no tears - by Satanic Silk - 06-30-2014, 10:04 PM
RE: Shed no tears - by Midas - 07-02-2014, 08:55 PM
RE: Shed no tears - by Satanic Silk - 07-02-2014, 10:13 PM
RE: Shed no tears (Closed) - by Midas - 07-03-2014, 09:51 AM