the Rift

[OPEN] Home to Roost [Bellona, Acceptance]

Bellona Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0hh :: 7 years old Buff: NOVICE
Mictla :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow Nyte
BELLONA
They flock to the unlikely trio of comrades like birds to seed, and the lean figure of the winged maiden sways as she shifts her hooves. It has been so long since she was last in the presence of a crowd, and her only memories of the people that reside here are of a purple lady, a wolf boy, and a clumsy tiger. As the warrior's orange eyes take in the figures that have approached her, her lips draw tight in disappointment. Although she is indifferent to their company -- she almost welcomes it, strangely enough -- the color-stained mare cannot help but frown at the lack of uniqueness before her. The woman with the glass horn is interesting to look at, but the chieftess finds the notion of summing up any form of respect for her inconceivable. The petite unicorn's movements are precise and her gait is quipped; it is either a sign of frailty or vanity, and the brutish lady has no interest in befriending such a pathetic specimen.

The peahen is just about to display her distaste for the blood-dusted vixen when she speaks. Pfau. What the hell does that mean? She casts an uncertain glance towards the mountainous bay at her side to find that his expression has not changed. If the bear cannot move himself to greet his herdmates, then the bird will do the same.

Now that the other mare has captured her attention -- for she has settled on completely ignoring the male with the twisted horns -- Bellona parts her sapphire lips to snap at her with a toss of her head, "I may not know what your words mean, but I can assure you that my intolerance stops there. I am no one's play thing." The restless bird wrenched her head back down from the sky and snorted, hoping to get the point -- and perhaps a bit of mucous -- across.

She is no mood to piss off any herdmates today, however, and so the hybrid prevents herself from provoking any further feelings of distaste.If the peahen has learned anything from her encounter with Oxy it is that looks can be deceiving. The bird rolls her wings back in a casual shrug. Maybe Iohuitzin has something more behind that mask of hers? Besides, she knew better than to turn down her offer. She has already denied such a proposal once before.

"It is a home that I seek, yes. And I assume that you will want something in return for that?" Her feathers twitch at the observation; it has become almost a nervous tick, or perhaps even a form of punctuation, when she speaks. "I have nothing more than that which lies beneath my hide. I left a land that drowned in blood. And I helped add to the waters that choked the life from it."

It is only a brief account of the maiden's history and it does not do it justice, but it is also the first time she has ever spoken aloud about it. Her heart quickens at the thought of Arto and the life that she once had; her feathers droop at the images of her family and those who served them. But she does not allow grief to snuff out the flame of their memory. She will not drown in her sorrow as her ancestors drowned in the River of Souls.

Now is not a time to show weakness. Now is a time to live on.

Steeling herself against the questioning stares that are sure to follow, the brightly-hued maiden forces her amber stare into the other woman's yellow one. "Although it looks as if I have nothing, I can assure you that I have plenty. As long as there is a heart to stoke the flames of my fury, I will fight." A broad appendage shifts to beat against her red breast, testifying that there is indeed a heart still in there. "I am a warrior. Make use of me." While I will let you.

{Iohuitzin- "his little dagger"; roughly translating to "little dagger"}

Walking "Talking"
Image Credit

@[Rostislav] @[Seele] @[Oxy]

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!
Permission granted for physical harassment!

Messages In This Thread
Home to Roost [Bellona, Acceptance] - by Oxy - 06-28-2014, 11:05 PM
RE: Home to Roost [Bellona, Acceptance] - by Oxy - 07-04-2014, 01:29 PM
RE: Home to Roost [Bellona, Acceptance] - by Bellona - 07-06-2014, 05:51 PM