the Rift

[OPEN] I'm blind; you're beautiful.

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen

Rei

"That sounds very terrible." Rei looked to the stallion hoping that she had not offended him with her story. She stumbled over her own tongue that suddenly felt as if it was made of lead for the next few lines before getting lost in the story.

The story may start heavy and dark, but in the end it leaves you lighthearted. She thought to herself. And he looks as if he could need some lightening of his load.

Rei wove the tale dreamily imagining the towering dragon with smoke curling from his nostrils while his teeth gleamed with he opened his gaping mouth to speak. The two healers must have been brave to have stood so casually before such a creature. Or had they trembled in the shadow of the dragon?

A surge of protectiveness washed over Rei when she was broken from her story by the fear that she saw to suddenly make its way across the stallion's features. With Rei's status due to her mother and her father's occupation she had been taught to fight by both her father and her few close guards. But she knew there was a difference in sparring with your doting father or your friends who adore you and fighting a stranger who meant harm. Spinning lightly on her hooves she moving to face the direction that the newcomer was coming from. Rei planted her feet and spread her wings in order to make herself appear larger. Before she had fully spread them she caught sight of the filly making her way towards them and changed her stance into one of welcome.

The stallion behind her also softened his stance but still seemed to be a nervous wreck. He was no longer a foal and could most likely handle himself if needed but Rei still found herself wanting to take him under her wing. Turning back to him she continued her story hoping to make him feel more comfortable.

The pegasus, the unicorn, and the equine stood in their section of the bitter tundra. Three very different creatures, apparently in both appearance and personality; but there was the desire that Rei had for them all to be friends. The filly seemed like one who would be easy to befriend, but the stallion seemed as if he would be more difficult. Her mother had told her once that those who were the most difficult to love were the ones that sometimes needed it the most. With that ingrained into her mind she would work hard to be a friend to the pale unicorn.

While shifting her weight her hooves had slid on a spot of ice. Catching herself she glanced at the other two blushing slightly seeing that she had startled them both. Trying to break the tense moment she commented on the cloven hooves that belonged to the stallion and how they must be great for keeping balance in the surrounding environment.

"Careful. I guess so."

It was with a measure of guilt in which she absorbed a handful of words that left the stallion's mouth. With her own words Rei had taken his chance at getting any out. With the resolve of a devoted soldier she commanded herself to talk less and to listen much more.

"If I get to talking too much you can tell me to shush at any moment." She briefly entertained the idea of making a playful nudge to his shoulder but decided against it after considering the way in which he had reacted to her stumble. Instead she winked at him, "As a filly I was extremely shy and withdrawn. My father used to joke that in breaking out of my shell my words also broke from the dam they had been stopped up with."

It was a voice that once heard echoes around in your head as you ponder the beauty that is able to be held in a thing as simple as another's voice. Rei flashed her brilliant smile at the filly.

"I am delighted that you liked the story!" Rei stood a little taller at the copper colored filly's words.

"You know, I think that it is true. Lytninia had to have gotten up there somehow. What would life be if we all didn't have some tall tales filled with magic, adventure, and impossible things to believe in?"

"Have you ever given singing a go? Your voice is lovely! I would just my left wing to have a voice like yours." Re's last statement was made in jest in light of the ache she had wishing that she could sing. Although the mare had feathers and the bright character of a song bird the similarities ended at that point. When it came to her singing Rei was much more similar to a cawing, coughing crow.

“When I was little, my grandfather told me stories are important. They light up the paths we’re meant to walk."

As any lover of words knows; you can fall for words the same way in which you will find yourself falling for another being. Rei loved the words that the stallion had passed onto her from his grandfather. She felt a friendliness towards the stallion grow. He seemed like one who used few words so him sharing must have meant that the words meant something profound to him also.

"Those are very wise words. I think that your grandfather and mine may have gotten along quite well! Goodness knows, mine would be having a field day here in Helovia. He is an avid learner and there is much to learn here in Helovia."

"Speaking of learning, may I ask your names?" Looking to the sunny colored filly she continued, "And who is your friend?" She grinned at the little creature resting on her back.

"I heard you venting about wishing to go home. I wasn't eavesdropping I just happened to be walking by, but anyways, is there a way that I can help you with that?" With the earnest desire to help she cast her gaze back upon the unicorn. Although she had originally planned to act as if she hadn't heard his words that were meant simply for himself Rei was unable to ignore them any longer. The mare was unable to go from someone who may need help without first offering to do whatever she possibly could.

OOC:

To start with I am sorry for the wait. I am working like crazy and the past two nights I have came in and crashed hard. All responses after this will be so much quicker. And better, the quality of this post bothers me. Both of you have writing styles that are to die for.

Kae: It was a wonderful post. I really enjoyed reading it, wasn't boring at all. Not even close.

@[Tandavi]

Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Messages In This Thread
I'm blind; you're beautiful. - by Caneo - 06-28-2014, 11:14 PM
RE: I'm blind; you're beautiful. - by Tandavi - 07-01-2014, 12:57 AM
RE: I'm blind; you're beautiful. - by Caneo - 07-01-2014, 08:22 PM
RE: I'm blind; you're beautiful. - by Tandavi - 07-08-2014, 12:49 AM
RE: I'm blind; you're beautiful. - by Caneo - 07-08-2014, 09:24 PM