the Rift

[PRIVATE] Heartlines [Archibald]

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

It wasn't often that Kasai found herself face-to-face with another's companion. With Romani's wayward soul and her desire to leave the past behind them, they were on the road quite often, and so that left little to no time to stop and talk amongst the locals... And while she didn't recognize the stallion nor his Malamute, the tigress felt no form of apprehension or fear from the Haflinger that her soul was bonded to, and so accepted their presence with a gentle purr that resonated within the cavity of her chest. The tigress let out a small huff and glanced to the canine once more before lowering herself down to lay against the cool earth, the tip of her black and white tail flicking left and right in a sign of lazy content.

It was nice to just relax from their busy days of traveling the hills of Helovia.

Romani spared Kasai the briefest of glances before refocusing her eyes upon the impressive, towering form of the Dauntless. As his deep voice once more reached her ears, they responded by swiveling forwards at rapt attention, listening and learning of his journey since Jackal the Thief of Kings traipsed into the Foothills all those seasons ago. Captain of the World's Edge? Well... At least it was plain to see that her old home was in good hooves, for she would trust few others than Archibald to protect a land she loved so dear... But the surprises didn't end there. The Dauntless had produced offspring, two sons, and Romani could only take a moment to imagine the twin boys who carried Archibald's strong genetics. Whoever the mare was to have won his affection must have been something special indeed.

Then, the question was turned to her, and the golden-red palomino was at a loss of words. With a deep breath, Romani flicked the cumbersome strands of her lengthy forelock from her azure gaze, leveling her stare with the large ebony behemoth in front of her. She had seen his fury, his wrath, and his prowess in battle... But now, he was calm, collected, and mindful. She was humbled that he was so at peace around her.

"I'm well," she murmured softly, unable to keep all the melancholy from her voice, "Or as well as a gypsy like myself can be. Kasai and I have been traveling since the terrible Wraith's plagued Helovia." A particularly troubled look crossed the mare's features, pulling dark-tinted lips downwards into a frown, but just as quickly as it had appeared, it was gone. She would not go into detail of her captures, of the many times in which she had been held against her will... "I... Used to reside in the Edge, as a Protector." Romani risked a rueful grin in Archibald's direction, the azure depths of her eyes sparkling in mirth and good-nature. Would he be surprised by her choice of dedication? "I served under Destrier and Kaj. Are they still among your ranks? I... Had a mate, back then, and a daughter... But they've gone the way of the wind." Gone, perhaps never to return. The thought caused her heart to clench.

"So I've begun to wander. I'm glad that you've settled, Archibald, and that you've obtained a good, noble purpose. You've been in my thoughts over the years since we last parted company."

And Scars are Souvenirs You Never Lose
The Past is Never Far
Did You Lose Yourself Somewhere Out There?
Did You Get to be a Star?

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Please Tag Romani in all Replies!

Messages In This Thread
Heartlines [Archibald] - by Romani - 06-29-2014, 09:59 AM
RE: Heartlines [Archibald] - by Archibald - 07-01-2014, 09:28 AM
RE: Heartlines [Archibald] - by Romani - 07-01-2014, 11:30 AM
RE: Heartlines [Archibald] - by Archibald - 07-01-2014, 02:36 PM
RE: Heartlines [Archibald] - by Romani - 07-01-2014, 08:32 PM