Luken Posts: 27
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.0 :: Three Years [Tallsun Born] HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Sparrow
If I Shout and Can't Be Heard,
I Want to be Destroyed at Your Hands</style>

While I Can Still be Called "Me"

Tonight, the pain is bad.

The singed, sun-burnt like marking of the Sun that clung to the skin of my right shoulder aches something fierce, but I hold my tongue against cursing the pain. Never, no matter the aches and discomfort that the mark brings, do I complain of the soreness that it brings, for doing so would revoke my chance at following in the footsteps of my father and gain magic of my own.

Yes, it hurts... But I relish the pain. I accept it, because it keeps my mind clear and focused on the task that I had yet to complete. Some days are worse than others, and today, well... It just happens to ache a little more than any other. It was a constant in my life, and I quite enjoyed that something was constant in the mess that things had been as of late.

Anyway.

The pain had roused me from my slumber nestled beside Destrier and Suli, and so I had lugged myself up to my hooves and had decided to meander the familiar areas of my home. I was careful to avoid brushing my right shoulder against any trees or low-hanging limbs, for the roughness of the bark would be quite unpleasant, and I only came to a stop when I reached one of the bubbling springs that dotted the Edge's landscape. Heaving in a deep breath I lower my large head and flinch softly at the feel of the cold water brushing against my lips, then suck in large gulps of cool water, ears listening to the sounds of the sleeping world around me.

It's a quiet night with the sound of insects chirping and singing in the distance, and the moon is high in the sky. It will be dark for a few more hours, but I'm content to simply stand by the spring and collect my thoughts. My life had changed since my return to the Edge... Hell, it had changed since my father's return to the Edge, and I was glad to have him back in my life. I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't abandon him again... Destrier deserved so much more than that.

Lifting my head upwards and swallowing the cool water that soothed my parched throat, my warm, chocolate eyes glanced to the moon that shone brightly over head, eyes roaming the stars that flickered in the expanse of darkness, and my thoughts turn to my sister.

"Oh, Laila... Where have you gone?"

@[Kahlua]

Messages In This Thread
The Feel Again [Kahlua] - by Luken - 06-29-2014, 11:00 AM
RE: The Feel Again [Kahlua] - by Kahlua - 07-04-2014, 01:55 PM
RE: The Feel Again [Kahlua] - by Luken - 07-05-2014, 09:08 PM
RE: The Feel Again [Kahlua] - by Kahlua - 07-06-2014, 12:25 PM
RE: The Feel Again [Kahlua] - by Luken - 07-20-2014, 03:52 PM
RE: The Feel Again [Kahlua] - by Kahlua - 07-22-2014, 12:11 AM