the Rift

[PRIVATE] The Feel Again [Kahlua]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
If Kahlua was smarter, more observant, more diligent in assessing the nuances of others' actions, she might have wondered if Luken was telling her the truth about liking freedom, or just telling her what she wanted to hear. She might have assumed that he was just another follower, afraid to speak the truth, assuming she just wanted to be affirmed in what she said. And at that assumption, she might have sighed heavily, wishing there were more in her herd like Evangeline, who would tell her what she needed to hear no matter if those words were likely to make her happy or upset. But ah, she was not smart or observant or diligent. She was just Kahlua, who trusted those around her to speak their own truths; just Kahlua, who did not stop to wonder whether someone was being deceitful; just Kahlua, who tried her hardest to see the best in everyone.

So, instead of questioning Luken as he stuttered in response, she smiled and chuckled warmly, feeling the wind swirl up about her in a playful manner. She had noticed the winds responding to her whimsy and fantasies as of late- perhaps a gift from their goddess onto the herd for pleasing her in some manner? “There's no need to be sorry, my friend,” she murmured back. Though she had told him to call her Kahlua, it honestly didn't bother the girl's proud head to be addressed as the queen she was. She was kind, but she certainly had myriad faults- vanity among them.

Luken, she repeated in her head several times, as was her habit, matching it with the image of the stallion who stood before her so that she might remember it. But she stopped sort when he recited two names that she was familiar with, remembering that he had spoken Laila's name earlier. “Destrier is a kind soul, you're lucky to have him as a father,” she responded at first, but her words were distracted as her mind drifted off to another time. Laila, Laila... It took a few seconds, but the memory slowly returned to her. “I believe I was asked to apologize to Laila, for a wrong-doing against her...” She frowned. It had been so very long ago that she had been asked, it was difficult to pull the memory in its entirety. “For the attack against her, when the Basin and Foothills invaded,” she concluded unhelpfully. “I never did find her either... I'm so sorry. Do you know where she might have gone?”
.KAHLUA
Image Credit to Val

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
The Feel Again [Kahlua] - by Luken - 06-29-2014, 11:00 AM
RE: The Feel Again [Kahlua] - by Kahlua - 07-04-2014, 01:55 PM
RE: The Feel Again [Kahlua] - by Luken - 07-05-2014, 09:08 PM
RE: The Feel Again [Kahlua] - by Kahlua - 07-06-2014, 12:25 PM
RE: The Feel Again [Kahlua] - by Luken - 07-20-2014, 03:52 PM
RE: The Feel Again [Kahlua] - by Kahlua - 07-22-2014, 12:11 AM