the Rift

[JUDGED] What's Black, Blue and Red All Over? [Bellona Spar]

Bellona Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0hh :: 7 years old Buff: NOVICE
Mictla :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow Nyte
Bellona
To win the war, but flee the battle, is one of the Gods' greatest sins.

A devilish wail lowers in pitch, contorting itself into a cackle. Does the dappled stag really think that she will let him hit her again? The Aztec has let him have his fun, but even as the force of the Earth beckons her body closer, the bird is readying herself for takeoff. The slap of hooves on flesh follows the warrior’s raucous laughter, but soon her cruel tones soften enough so that she may speak. Her powerful wings propel her words down to the stallion, and flaming orbs burn bright with amusement as the ascending woman watches him flounder in the sand. Tixtotomac. I am not down there, so why do you insist on attacking my shadow?

"Fool! Did you forget that I am a tetzauhtototl?" She thrusts her wings downwards and sends the gray warrior a burst of wind as if to remind him. A taunt presses behind her firmly clamped teeth, desperate to get past, but the maiden will speak no further. Battles are to be fought with bodies, not with words. Even though this fight is coming to a close, the Chieftess decides that her opponent has faced enough tragedy for one day; she has no need to quash his spirit, as he seems to have done that himself.

The maiden is not at ease just yet, and she is far too intelligent as to believe that it is safe to let her guard down. Fatigue nestles against her bloodied form as she approaches the shore, and she casts her weary gaze to the brute as she lands. Her lack of trust in the flower-laced man is no secret, and especially now that she has positioned herself a good many feet away from him. A challenge lights up her battered features at the thought of him charging her again, but the proud crest of her neck lowers with exhaustion. She does not think that either of them will be continuing with their siege. The burnt and bleeding unicorn looks as if he might be spent, but the seasoned warrior knows that this may just be another tactic of his. Appear to your opponent as if you are finished, but act as if the battle has just begun. It is a maneuver that Bellona herself has used before, yet as she studies the gray beast her lips twist into a frown.

No, this one is not so smart as to do that. He would much rather drag others into his fight for him. The beauty scans the beach in search of the creature that the unicorn tried spearing her with, but all that she can find is rocks and sand. Perhaps he has found a quiet place to regain his pride.

A sudden pang in her side wrenches her thoughts away from the innocent, and the battle-weary bird cranes her neck to sniff at her barrel. There is more blood there than she thought, and some of the scarlet liquid stains the white brand on her nose. The smell of rust fills her naves as she tries to detect any hint of infection, but the Aztec gives up in her self-assessment. She has never excelled at healing, and that certainly won’t change now.

With a grunt, the crippled peahen shifts her legs in a stretch. Pain courses through her left side as she does this, but the maiden knows that it is necessary. A small sigh escapes her lips as tension leaves her body, and she pulls herself up from her vulnerable position to shoot a glare at the stag. Without so much as a single word, her intimidating stare seems to say, "I dare you to even think about coming closer."

The vixen holds his stare for a moment longer, but it feels more like hours by the time she interrupts their silence with a snort. She is content with the bloodshed that has occurred today, and she feels no urge to spill more. The Chieftess is satisfied with her performance today and, although he has not managed to impress her, she offers the dappled warrior with her own unique congratulations. "You stabbed me."

The words are as blunt as they are obvious, and she flicks her feathers in his direction as she turns to leave. It really isn't much of a comment, but it’s more than her past opponents have gotten. They've only ever felt her hooves tear into their hide. "Farewell, unicorn. Learn to fly."

"Talk talk talk."

{WC: 740|Attack: 3/3|Defense: 1/1 @[Ciceron]

Tixtotomac -- you are a fool
tetzauhtototl -- bird of ill omen; or just "bird" as used here.

Great fight! That was so much fun! :D I do believe that since I made the first attack, I finish the spar, but since you made the first post you have to mark this for judging. Correct me if I'm wrong on this... But don't forget to mark this for judgement!}

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!
Permission granted for physical harassment!

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's Black, Blue and Red All Over? [Bellona Spar] - by Bellona - 07-16-2014, 12:58 PM