the Rift

[PRIVATE] better run, better run

Murdock Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 9 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8 HP: 61.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Gaz

He cannot quell the feeling of elation that swells within his chest as he looks at her, his every nerve set on fire as if by lightning. He never imagined he would ever find her again, though he would never have given up searching, and to see her now before him, whole and real as the earth beneath his feet, seemed as though it could only be a dream. For a few more moments as they step away from each other, he can do little but watch her. He had almost forgotten the way she moved, the way her dark eyes reflected the glow of his markings like stars, and the way her voice sounded when mixed with the song of the wind. It was all too good to be true.

However, Murdock decided he had to believe that it was true. She was here. Finally. He was not alone anymore and he felt as if he would not be able to pry himself from her side for days. He never wanted to lose sight of her again, to risk losing her once more. He smiled broadly as she spoke, studying her face as every conceivable emotion of happiness and relief swarmed within his chest. He reaches out toward her once more as she tenderly bumps his muzzle, his skin warm and quivering where the fog of her breath grazed his flesh. How had he survived without her?

He wanted to ask where she had gone beyond the shores of Helovia. Where had she found refuge in the months that had past and what had she done to pass the time? Had she returned home? It occurred to him that he did not even know where that was. He knew nothing of her family, nothing of the dark memories that haunted her except that he knew they existed. He wanted to know, he wanted to ask her everything, but there would be a time for that. For now, he was content with the fact she was here, and he wasn’t about to let her go.

“Me?” He hesitated briefly, distracted as she once again moved closer and brushed the velvet of her nose across his muzzle, her breath turning to silver vapor in the still air around them and her proximity causing his legs to feel numb. How had he been? Much had happened since she had left; almost too much to remember. He had been attacked and robbed of many of his feathers and his ability to fly, and the sun had risen once more after months spent in darkness. He had been reunited with an old friend, Roland, and then the wraiths had taken over, driving him underground. He had been separated from the Foothills, and now lived on as an outcast, belonging to no one and nowhere.

Perhaps it was not such a bad thing that she had taken a little vacation, if you will. Helovia had not been the safest place to be over the recent seasons and he would have been distressed to no end to know she was at risk. Here she was, though, and they were both safe. “I have been alright. Much better now, though,” he smiled broadly, finally beginning to appear as his old self as troubles and tribulations were forgotten. He moved closer to her, twisting so he stepped up along her side and lifting a wing to wrap it about her back. He leaned toward her, seeking to rest his chin upon the crest of her neck and hold her tightly to him.

“Tell me about your travels,” he breathed softly into her mane, looking out toward the dark horizon where the planet carried on forever into oblivion. “I want to know what you learned, what you saw out there.” They had still not been exploring together, as she had made him promise they would someday, but the time for that would come. He would be content to hear her stories, what she had found along the way and what strange conversations she may have had with strange creatures in strange lands. He had seen nothing but the same hills, the same trees, and the same sky, and he was eager for his Scholar to paint a picture of foreign lands within his vibrant imagination.

"talk talk talk"

(So sorry for the wait!)

If I go crazy then will you still call me Superman?

Image Credit
x

Messages In This Thread
better run, better run - by Chernobyl - 06-29-2014, 07:12 PM
RE: better run, better run - by Murdock - 07-01-2014, 08:37 PM
RE: better run, better run - by Chernobyl - 07-09-2014, 03:22 PM
RE: better run, better run - by Murdock - 07-13-2014, 02:23 PM
RE: better run, better run - by Chernobyl - 07-20-2014, 12:33 PM
RE: better run, better run - by Murdock - 07-31-2014, 10:34 PM