the Rift

[RANDOM EVENT] Come back to you (closed)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

I’d gathered the materials he asked of me, three spheres, all coated with some other craft. One calm morning I rose early, while the sky was dim and the last few toads were playing their vocal harmony. Those balls were hidden beneath the coating of feathers that grew along my nape, I fashioned a crude sort of harness to hold them in place while my body was in motion—the thick banding strands were woven from gold, there was a small buckle attached to one end that encircled my neck and lashed itself upon another strand until the whole contraption was snug.

Wings took to heaven, my direction was aimed for a forgotten slice of land that had been mostly abandoned by Helovia. The dead land, as we started to call it. It was a valley of nothing green, weeds refused to stretch their roots to this unholy place. I flew overhead, never crossing the borders and never going lower than the clouds, always staying within sight of the high sun. Why hadn’t this slice of territory returned to normal? Was it just another burial ground? (Ground for the walking dead) Those who had been inflicted but never cured, perhaps even beyond a cure that this world could offer.

It was a land of sadness and lost hope. I flew on, gazing at the southern tip of yet another landmass. This one was without its former glory, the lords had taken a large sum of their powers to some other location and left this holy soil as a reminder for mortals who still worshiped at their former site. My feet touched upon familiar ground, the way these stones felt beneath my feet was ever the reminder of a time when our world had been seen through the eyes of a child. It had been a place of light and wonder.

His shrine was up ahead, I took my time arranging the spheres directly at the foot of his alter, an offering that had to be just so. The harness, I melted into pliable gold and gently folded my gift back into the earth where it had come and served its purpose. Once satisfied I stepped away and bowed my crown to his honor, “May this do ye fine. I have completed thee’s task.” Elsa, Cashmere, and Finn. Ice, stone and leather.

OCC: Midas is returning from his quest!

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Come back to you (closed) - by Midas - 06-29-2014, 09:05 PM
RE: Come back to you - by God of the Earth - 06-30-2014, 12:31 PM
RE: Come back to you - by Midas - 06-30-2014, 02:04 PM
RE: Come back to you - by God of the Earth - 06-30-2014, 05:44 PM
RE: Come back to you - by Midas - 07-02-2014, 01:50 PM
RE: Come back to you - by God of the Earth - 07-02-2014, 07:59 PM