the Rift

[OPEN] Sing Sweetly in the Night

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

Watching Kahlua was like watching a baby. So in awe of its surroundings, and yet completely unable to grasp the big picture. Young and naive, hopeful and easily broken. Well, the queen would need a far thicker skin in the days to come.

As Kahlua mentioned the snakes name, the Goddess sigh and - if she had pupils - you would have been able to see that she was also rolling her eyes. Aurelia she thought with annoyance. Such a pest. A pest with potential to be sure, but if she stayed as impulsive and reckless as she was now, she wouldn't live long enough to see that potential realized. Case in point, that stupid snake. The Goddess continued to listen as Kahlua spoke, remaining silent as she finished. She has forgotten just how emotionally fragile mortals could be. They really couldn't see the big picture. Another warm breeze ruffled Kahlua's mane, although this time it pressed firmly upwards beneath her jaw, to raise her head.

"Whoever said peace was the answer?" the delicate beauty began, with a gentle smirk of amusement.
"It certainly wasn't me. Do you know how it is, that the old herd of equines came to be in the Edge? How Mirage and her band prospered there?" Pausing with a dramatic flare while lowering her nose and grinning cunningly. "They took it. From the unicorns - Mauja and the rest. But they didn't take it alone - oh no. I helped them. I gave Mirage and her kin what they needed to defeat the unicorns, because a real queen does what's needed. Do you think that no one was injured, during those long, bloody days? That no one died? And you happily rule the Edge, thankful for the sacrifices of others, but are unwilling to make any of your own?"

Sighing emotionlessly, the Goddess once again tossed her dainty head. "It was one snake, bonded to a stupid girl. You would stand before me and tell me that you would not pay this price to keep Aurelia from ruling the Edge?" At the thought, the Goddess burst into a peal of silvery laughter. It was simply too comical. The thought of Aurelia...of Kaj having to acknowledge her as queen...Regaining her composure almost instantly, her delicate features were one again a cold mask. "You did what was needed. You did not ask for the challenge, nor for Aurelia to stupidly bring such a young companion into the fight. That was her mistake. If the snake's blood is upon anyone, it is upon her. "

Pausing again, the Goddess tried to appear ... gentler than normal. She wasn't entirely sure Kahlua would be receptive to her guidance. There was no right or wrong in this world, only winning. Winning meant being able to protect and keep what is yours. If Kahlua was going to shed a tear over one little snake, how would she ever handle war? Oh yes... The Goddess though, snarling internally. All of those pesky alliances... She would have to talk to Kahlua about that. But perhaps now was not the time.

"You have not failed Kahlua. You've won. You've removed a threat from my land, and used your own might to do it. You will only fail me should you forget where your priorities lay. And they lay with me, and the Edge.

Messages In This Thread
Sing Sweetly in the Night - by Kahlua - 06-30-2014, 07:37 PM
RE: Sing Sweetly in the Night - by Kahlua - 07-01-2014, 10:06 PM
RE: Sing Sweetly in the Night - by God of the Moon - 07-01-2014, 11:11 PM
RE: Sing Sweetly in the Night - by Kahlua - 07-04-2014, 11:23 PM