the Rift

[OPEN] My God has answered [Egg hatching]

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie
The dunskin paint pegasus left the Vein of the Gods rather quickly, deciding it best to take the egg away from so many hooves - especially after some had brought out the lava mare's mire. His journey, however, was a tiring one. Miykael had grown weak in the caves near Helovia's Heart. It was a weakness that was his own doing, but that is besides the point now. His steps are quick, and his grip on the egg is gentle enough to avoid crushing the egg but firm enough to keep it from falling to the ground. The further north he drifts, though, the more frequently he feels the egg tremble between his lips. Was it going to hatch?

A sense of urgency filled him and he quickly sought a place of sanctuary where he could set the egg down in peace and watch it more closely. His hooves moved as quickly as he dared to go with something so fragile placed into his care. Only once does he pause, his blue eyes scanning his surroundings before settling on copse of old trees that he didn't recognize - was it there before the infection had swept across Helovia? Whatever this was, wherever it had come from, it was the nearest possible shelter he could find and so, with a renewed sense of vigor the pegasus has chosen his path.

Upon reaching the trees, he carefully weaves his way through them and within moments has arrived at a strange rounded structure. It is a large and nicely isolated structure. Better yet, it was currently empty. Gleefully the stallion entered, briefly admiring the beautiful ceiling and the array of colors it cast upon the stone floor when the light shone through. The egg trembles once more, bringing him back to the moment. With the slowest movements he is capable of, the stallion lowers himself to his knees, then lowers himself down and back. Once situated, he carefully places the egg between his front legs and drapes his head over it. Beneath him the egg trembles and clicks. Cracks form upon it's delicate surface and soon a hole forms.

Miykael hesitates to move, preferring to keep the egg covered, sheltered - as if he was able to form a pocket of body heat with his head, neck, and legs. Soon, though, the creature has formed a big enough hole to poke its' little head out. It is then that it begins to chirp. Cautiously, he lifts his head and looks down. It is a black, downy bird like creature (little did he know that once her adult feathers came in she would have a gorgeous blue sheen and a speckling of silver flecks on the sleek feathers gracing her back and wings). It cheeps madly at him - out of excitement perhaps - and after a moment it regains the strength necessary to emerge from the shell completely and the small bird - a zephyr - tumbles out and rights herself. Curiously, he nudges her with his soft nose - it was a gentle act that was returned with cheerful, though vehement, chirps.

"Eliana." he murmurs softly, fondly. "You are my Eliana."

say something, i'm giving up on you
i'll be the one, if you want me to

Image Credits

@[Bellona] - is this okay? they can discuss the memory blocking stuff as well as companions if you'd like. :D Oh and I'm sick so if it doesn't make sense then that is why - I'm not thinking very clearly right now.

Also, anyone else is welcome to join - just keep the numbers fairly small, please. Thanks! <3
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
My God has answered [Egg hatching] - by Miykael - 06-30-2014, 11:14 PM