the Rift

[OPEN] My God has answered [Egg hatching]

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie
Miykael
Ever since the zephyr hatched, in the mere seconds and minutes that pass, he could feel the bond forming. The connection between them beginning and then deepening. Slowly they began to meld into one - one mind, one heart and one soul - a process that undoubtedly would take more time than a few minutes or hours. Perhaps it was this steadily growing bond that put him on high alert or perhaps it was something else but the moment the rhythmic thumping of hooves - starting out faint then increasing in volume and proximity - drifted into his delicate ear canals, his ears cock back. He listens carefully to determine whether or not there was an impending threat. He tenses but remains still - focusing on cradling the small bird as best he can while hoping to avoid any sort of confrontation. The floors here are slick and the room fairly closed in - physical confrontation would likely be a death sentence for his dear Eliana.

He refused to allow that to happen, regardless of how unrealistic such refusals tend to be.

The sounds grow louder and closer. The fabric of the curtain flutters suddenly, though the air is still. A flurry of hooves on slick stone assaults his tilted ears and he turns his head just enough to witness the blur of bright colors, feathers and hair. The creature is moving towards him quickly and in an effort to brace for impact, he whips his head back around and tucks it protectively over the small bird. Much to his relief, however, the other stops before colliding with him. Only then does he get a good look at the being that had interrupted his peace and he instantly recognizes her as the colorful bird from the gathering at the Vein of the Gods - where he had been just moments before. "I could ask the same of you." he retorts, his blue eyes gleaming with curiosity. He watches her carefully as she circles around him. 'This is what you won,' she states simply and he merely nods lightly in response. The peahen then turns her attention to the newborn zephyr, her gaze so intent that Miykael can hardly stifle a soft chuckle. "She can't do much... yet." he adds, bemused.

He turns then to the wobbly chick and with some gentle encouragement, he guides her to his shoulder. The tobiano uses his nose to boost the chick up onto his back where she wanders up towards his withers to make a small nest out of his thick mane. Turning back to the mare, he listens to her speak. There is little doubt in his mind of the disbelief he heard in her tone but he chooses to focus on the hint of curiosity instead. Once it is clear that the chick has settled in, he rises - careful to avoid disturbing the chick or shifting so far that she'd fall off his back. "She is, yes. For now I care for her until she is grown enough to care for herself." he pauses, as though to contemplate her second question. "Beyond that I'm not certain. Something has changed, though, since the egg has hatched. It's like an unbreakable tether is forming between us... a bond, if you will." His ears swivel forward and his features soften ever so slightly. "The stronger the bond gets, the less I care about what use she will be to me." he snorts distastefully at the very thought of the 'usefulness' of any creature because using that as the only measurement of another's worth goes against everything he has ever believed in.

[@[Bellona] - apologies for the wait. <3]
still learning to love, just starting to crawl
Image Credit
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
My God has answered [Egg hatching] - by Miykael - 06-30-2014, 11:14 PM
RE: My God has answered [Egg hatching] - by Miykael - 07-16-2014, 11:43 PM