the Rift

[OPEN] those hardest to love need it most {joining}

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
Hotaru

Whatever cold lingered on her coat seemed to become numb and ignored in the face of the bright sunshine joy of the pup's reaction to her presence. As the Corporal spoke, she glanced between the two of them, unwilling to withdraw her attention from the clearly excited companion attempting to somehow scramble up her forelegs. "Certainly a wonderful tactic," she agreed lightly, glad she'd managed the treacherous path with her swollen belly and aching body. And while she was certainly swollen, it didn't dissuade her from taking part in his flirtatious games. He was merely a good friend who she'd had a good roll in the hay with, why shouldn't she flirt with him again? Though it seemed he was relieved by her reception, and she internally snorted at the realization that other mares perhaps would not have been so accommodating, demanding he take responsibility or some nonsense for the foal she'd willingly- and happily, I mean, Deodat was a stud!- participated in making.

Whatever happy glow surrounded them was smoothly transitioned into a subject she knew must be eating at his mind, considering she was standing nearly ready to pop right in front of his eyes. "Yes, it's yours. But no worries, handsome, I'm no traditionalist. I'm afraid you may bore me if I tried to force you to settle down," she teased, eyes glinting with a light of seriousness. "Though you are more than welcome to help in their raising." She would neither bar nor force his involvement with the life inside of her.

Audits perk and face smooths into granite as another approaches, an air of royalty surrounding her. Spine straightens and tiara rises, blatantly surveying the lass, sizing her up for a potential match even if she'd never fight pregnant. Call it habit, or instinct. Hotaru liked knowing exactly who she had to face and what her qualifications were in the arena should any showdown happen. Only when she announced her title did Hotaru bow shallowly, heterochromatic eyes fixed on the damsel with the dappled gold hide. "A pleasure, Lady of the Basin. Excuse my seemingly loose behavior, it's unbefitting a potential body beneath your rule. I hope my companionship with your fine Corporal has not illuminated me in a wrongly fashioned light." Each word is airy and elegant, refined in a way her mother had drilled into her head since she'd left the womb. She is poised, a princess in the making with silver daggers tucked in every fold of her evening gown.

"As Deodat mentioned, my name is Hotaru, daughter of Tolio. I came here originally in search of my godsire and goddam, Mauja and Faelene. However upon meeting d'Artagnan, who extended an invitation to me personally before the wraiths descended, I have come on my own terms...to be with my own kind, so to speak." A dangerous sparkle shines in her eyes, but her smile is sugar sweet as her tiara tilts innocently. If Illynx is half as intelligent as Hotaru suspects, she will catch on rather quickly. If not, then Hotaru will definitely be disappointed.

"Of course, I'm rather burdened right now, but I seek to be a warrior beneath your ranks. I have experience, and I am more than willing to fight for a title. I ask of you your acceptance into the home that should have been my birthland." A frown temporarily sours her beautiful face, displaying a sliver of the darkness that hid behind the convenient mask of her assumed simplistic aesthetically pleasing caricature. It was one she used to deceive others, but she suspected Illynx knew her game well, and was unafraid to let herself be found out.

"Though I must say, all formalities aside, if you have such handsome stallions in the Basin, I might find living here quite joyful." She hated switching in such a bipolar fashion from flirtatious to poised, but a quick wink to Deodat and finalized words far less formal than their predecessors, it was easy to assume that she was more than capable of being both controlled and empowered as well as informal and relaxed. To Hotaru, that was a valuable asset, and nobody's opinions could sway hers because they simply did not matter in her mind.

@[Illynx]

Image Credit
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: those hardest to love need it most {joining} - by Hotaru - 07-12-2014, 12:48 AM