the Rift

[OPEN] Your Beating Heart[Acceptance]

Déodat Posts: 174
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 12 HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Odette :: White German Shepherd :: None Minx
Déodat
And all the harm I've ever done, alas it was to none but me

Déodat led his new recruit toward his northern home, all along the way revealing information about Helovia and it’s inhabitants. “The Basin is only one of four herds. To the south is the Dragon’s Throat, which is composed entirely of pegasi. They live in the desert lands of Helovia.” He began, not entirely sure precisely how interested Liriope would be, but if she intended to stay it very well could be valuable information. “South east of us is the Hidden Falls, I believe they are a mixture of unicorns, equine, and pegasi. Last I heard we were on good terms with them. Lastly of the herds, is the World’s Edge, they lie to the west of Helovia. Again, we are on good terms with them last I heard.” He prattled on more about the gods and companions and what little he knew of both.

After his lecture he sighed slowly and glanced about at the familiar sights of the frost covered north. Finally, he had come home. Odette still toddled along at his side, occasionally wandering off a bit but she would always promptly return. Every now and then he would glance down at the pup, simply to ensure she was still near him. The fear of her wandering off and never returning was ever present in the back of his mind.

“We’re almost there!” He announced after his period of his long silence. Even with his well muscled body he yearned for the safety of his cavern or the warmth of the hot springs. Of course, there were still patrols to be conducted and training to be done, but he could always make those wait. It wasn’t as if fat would build up on his body if he permitted himself one day off. Finally they drew to the entrance of the Basin. Both sentinels standing at their posts, stalwart and vigilante. “Those are the protectors of the Basin, crafted by one of our members.” He said looking over at them as he led the way over the boundary. For a moment he feared them springing to life, so he simply kept his gaze on them.

As he drew inside he called out in a whinny, hoping one would come to greet the mare. For once he hoped it wasn’t the typical sight of the Gilded Blade based upon Liriope’s previous reactions to the claims of a queen. It was peculiar, a woman revolted by a woman lead. Silently he noted in the back of his mind to remember to ensure his daughter was empowered by her sex rather than weakened. His past self would’ve mocked any women not considered a soldier, but time and bonds had shown him otherwise.

@[Liriope]
x - x
[Image: QV8O7HU.gif]
Cut from the cloth, of a flag that
Bears the name of "Battle Born"
con by aihnna@dA

Messages In This Thread
Your Beating Heart[Acceptance] - by Déodat - 07-01-2014, 01:45 AM
RE: Your Beating Heart[Acceptance] - by Liriope - 07-01-2014, 03:57 PM
RE: Your Beating Heart[Acceptance] - by Roland - 07-01-2014, 08:19 PM
RE: Your Beating Heart[Acceptance] - by Deimos - 07-02-2014, 07:47 AM
RE: Your Beating Heart[Acceptance] - by Mirabella - 07-03-2014, 02:44 AM