the Rift

[OPEN] The Whole Shack Shimmies

Finn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Today, I had found myself in a wondrous place of sandy beaches and blue, salty waters that seemed to go on and on for miles, further than the eye could see. It was beautiful, and honestly, it was the first time I had ever seen an ocean before in my life and oh. My. Jörð.

Tawny hide blended against the sand as I moved at a gimpy walk, chocolate eyes wide and mouth slightly agape as I took in the sights all around me. The salty stench of the water was pungent and sour in my nose, but oddly enough, it had me feeling even more giddy than usual. I could envision myself tearing across the shore, bucking and kicking out like a madman as the sand flew up into the air and was thrown about in my wake... But alas, the throbbing pain in my left front leg was a constant reminder that I had to be careful and couldn't afford to be careless. The old wound still ached to the high heavens, and I could only imagine how bad of shape I'd be in if not for the leather boot wrapped snugly around it.

So instead, I would find another means of having a bit of fun.

The push and pull of the undulating waves was mesmerizing, and unable to hold myself back any longer, I shifted my direction and began to approach its foamy edge. I wondered, what sort of treasures lay beneath the never ending blue of the magnificent body of water? How many kinds of creatures swam just beneath the surface, and what did they look like? It could have been a daunting and positively terrifying thought to some, but I knew little fear. Ever the curios one, I longed to know and find out for myself, but I could do little as a land lover.

My hooves sunk into the soft sand as I stepped into the wake of the ocean, every step taken causing a schlerp! and pop. The waves lapped over my hooves, their chill bringing relief to sore frogs. A thought clicked in my head then, and lifting my left front leg and tucking my head towards my chest, I worked to pull loose the two thin leather ties that held it together. Once it was free, I gave an upwards throw of my head and tossed it back onto the safety of the shores. Lowering my leg back down, I headed further into the waters and as it splashed up against the swollen cannon. Sucking in a harsh breath, I hissed between suddenly clenched teeth, but it took little time for the pain to recede and for comfort to take over.

"Aaah, thank Eir," the murmured words passed my lips just moments later, and for now I was content to simply stand there and bask in the warmth of the sun hanging overhead, the soothing waves of the ocean, and the relaxing sound of the gulls bickering just feet away.

[ooc - For Romani and anyone else who would like to join!]

"talk"
F I N N
to coax the darkness into light

Messages In This Thread
The Whole Shack Shimmies - by Finn - 07-01-2014, 10:59 PM
RE: The Whole Shack Shimmies - by Romani - 07-02-2014, 12:17 AM
RE: The Whole Shack Shimmies - by Finn - 07-02-2014, 11:39 AM
RE: The Whole Shack Shimmies - by Romani - 07-02-2014, 07:59 PM
RE: The Whole Shack Shimmies - by Finn - 07-10-2014, 07:54 PM
RE: The Whole Shack Shimmies - by Romani - 07-11-2014, 12:54 PM