the Rift

[OPEN] The Whole Shack Shimmies

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

Much to the Haflinger's horror and embarrassment, the buttermilk Fjord reacted in just the way that she had hoped he wouldn't. The tawny stranger seemed to balk and stumble over himself in a terribly clumsy display that had Romani wincing with sympathy, but as his rear end swung around and he managed to stay upon all fours, albeit barely despite the sloshing waters, they soon stood face to face.

It wasn't very often that the gypsy was met by an individual shorter than she, so the height difference was almost unsettling. Still, Romani's azure oculars remained locked on the buckskin's form, sizing him up through the distance between them as though trying to place a name to his face. He didn't seem familiar... But he was a handsome thing. Thick and stocky, much like the build that the gypsy herself carried, he was adorned in the colors of a fawn, with soulful brown eyes and blonde tresses. The way that they stuck up, straight and in-place from the crest of his neck almost caused her to giggle. All in all, this stranger was an adorable sight.

"No harm done, good sir," Romani responded fluently as per his unecessary apology, muzzle lifting and lips returning to that jovial, gentle smile, "It was rude of me to come upon you so abruptly like that." Still, the young stallion dragged himself from the churning waves, and the gypsy didn't miss the way that he tenderly favored his leg. As he explained the strange and mysterious contraption, called a boot, Romani ventured closer to the strange leather-crafted object and nosed it with the tip of her muzzle, curiously examining it. What a strange contraption indeed.

"A boot, you say? How extraordinary..." Because really, it was. Never in all of her days had the petite mare seen such a thing. Still, the mare's gaze was snapped up from the boot so she could focus on the swollen, painful looking appendage that the Fjord sported. Once again Romani winced in sympathy, a pinched expression crossing her cherubic face as the stout stallion spoke of his plight. "That's... Terribly unfortunate. I know some medics, but I don't believe they'd be close by..."

Finn was the name of this blonde Fjord wanderer, and Romani straightened as Kasai finally padded to stand beside the Haflinger. The white tigress eyed the stranger with unbidden curiosity, head tilting and ears flicking forward as she sat upon the white sand, tail twitching left and right. The golden-red gypsy made to speak, to introduce herself as well as her beloved Kasai, but the next words that were uttered from Finn's mouth caused her breath to catch within her copper breast.

...Wh-what?

Azure eyes grew wide, and for a moment Romani wasn't certain just what to expect. It had been years since a title had been placed to her, besides that of a soldier or vagabond... But this... This wanderer knew her? Did she know him? "I..." The words caught in her throat, and a look of genuine bewilderment spread across her face. "Do... Are you from Ossic Briar, Finn?" The question came out in disbelief and uncertainty, and Romani felt her heart begin to race. Did he share the home in which she was born? The home in which she was destined to serve, if she ever returned? "Aye, once... Perhaps you could call me Princess, but I am but a wandering gypsy nowadays. I... My name is Romani. This is Kasai, my companion."

Swallowing thickly, Romani went on, daring to take a step closer to the Fjord, curiosity as well as surprise shining in the azure depths of her eyes. "Do I know you?"

Did she?

You Ain't Ever Gonna Change
You Got a Gypsy Soul to Blame
And You Were Born for Leavin'

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Please Tag Romani in all Replies!

Messages In This Thread
The Whole Shack Shimmies - by Finn - 07-01-2014, 10:59 PM
RE: The Whole Shack Shimmies - by Romani - 07-02-2014, 12:17 AM
RE: The Whole Shack Shimmies - by Finn - 07-02-2014, 11:39 AM
RE: The Whole Shack Shimmies - by Romani - 07-02-2014, 07:59 PM
RE: The Whole Shack Shimmies - by Finn - 07-10-2014, 07:54 PM