the Rift

[OPEN] The Whole Shack Shimmies

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

Romani did not miss the proud confirmation that Finn gave upon being affiliated with Ossic Briar, and that filled the Haflinger's heart alight with joy. Finally, finally, someone from her homeland, from her Kingdom! The thought and realization was wholly uplifting, and a positively beaming smile stretched upon the mare's dark lips. Azure depths sparkled in merriment, and she listened completey and with rapt attention as the buttermilk wanderer spoke of his occupation within Ossic Briar.

A courier? Immediately the gypsy thought back to the life she had temporarily left behind, the life of a Princess destined to serve her country. There had been many a courier to serve the Kingdom, but only few were honored enough to serve directly beneath the Queens... One dedicated mare came directly into Romani's mind, but for the life of her she couldn't recall if she and Finn had ever crossed paths before. At least, directly. "I believe I may have seen you, once or twice among the crowds with your mother... But I'm afraid it's been so many years ago, that I can't remember." Here, a nervous chuckle escaped her lips. "My apologies, Finn."

As the direction of the conversation turned towards Kasai, Romani's azure oculars sought out the form of her striped companion. Seeing both equines turn their gazes towards her, Kasai straightened up where she sat with a deep purr, puffing out her chest and clearly enjoying being the subject of attention. "Aye, a companion. She has been with me for many moons now and we've seen many a grand places together." The Haflinger and the white tigress had nearly been through everything together, really; through the trials of her botched relationship with Xanthos, to her failure as a mother with Jasiri, to the loss of friends, the loss of homes or places to live... Through all of the heartache and pain, the ups and downs, the failures and triumphs, Kasai had been with her, and that alone was far more precious than which Romani could articulate.

"I can speak with her through my mind," the golden-red gypsy further explained, her eyes seeking out the warm brown orbs of the Fjord courier before her now, "And she can mentally speak to me, but she cannot speak out loud, as we do. I don't know how exactly it works, but we have a mental connection. A bond, if you would... Kasai is able to feel what I feel, to taste what I taste, and is able to see through my very eyes."

A rueful grin suddenly twists the gypsy's features, and her eyes shoot to the innocent looking tigress before re-directing her eyes to Finn. "As for instance, right this moment, she believes you're quite a handsome creature." To which caused Kasai's head to jerk in Romani's direction and an indignant growl escaped the feline's whiskered lips.

As Finn went on, curiosity practically leaking from his every pore, the Haflinger's eyes softened. "Mm... I left because I felt it in my heart that I must. Ever since I was but a filly, I yearned to explore, to see the unknown and the world around me. I wanted to travel, but for a long time I was bound by my duty to our Kingdom. I broached the subject to our Queens, and they each gave me their blessing to begin my venture..." Save for the detail that one day, she must return home to fulfill her destiny.

"What of you, Finn?" She asked at last after a few moments of silence, azure eyes sparkling in genuine enjoyment. When was the last time she had such a riveting conversation? And with one of her own, no less! "What brings you to the land of Helovia, living the life of a wanderer? ... And please, just call me Romani. I'm far from royalty right now."

You Ain't Ever Gonna Change
You Got a Gypsy Soul to Blame
And You Were Born for Leavin'

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Please Tag Romani in all Replies!

Messages In This Thread
The Whole Shack Shimmies - by Finn - 07-01-2014, 10:59 PM
RE: The Whole Shack Shimmies - by Romani - 07-02-2014, 12:17 AM
RE: The Whole Shack Shimmies - by Finn - 07-02-2014, 11:39 AM
RE: The Whole Shack Shimmies - by Romani - 07-02-2014, 07:59 PM
RE: The Whole Shack Shimmies - by Finn - 07-10-2014, 07:54 PM
RE: The Whole Shack Shimmies - by Romani - 07-11-2014, 12:54 PM