the Rift

[PRIVATE] Wrap my spirit in reassurance [Midas] (closed)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
She sighed, deeply and without reserve. I frowned, previous light hearted smile had already started falling aside to bring forth concern for my herd sister. Luckily I wouldn’t be the one pressing for an answer, Cashmere readily spoke--easing into the conversation as though it was weighted heavy upon her heart and not more than a single moment could pass without some relief. Ears craned her direction, and muzzle drifted toward the nearest side of her cheek. Offering comfort through listening and being physically present.

The young mason explained that our patron god had entrusted her with a task and the job wasn’t completed to satisfaction. She seems rather distressed by this, dappled grey face turns, pressing her wet fur against my shoulder (minding the horn of course.) I lift the nearest wing, brushing the sun tipped feathers gently across her spine; ebony neck cranes round and simply offers me a position to cradle her delicate skull.

For one rare moment there are no sounds except the twin beating of cantering hearts and our off kilter breathing. Only when the dappled lady withdraws do I also pull back, honeyed pits shifting to meet those troubled orbs with compassion and parental understanding. If only she’d hear the song that played in this heart, my little sister might witness a cry of, ‘Ye can’t be strong all the time; sometimes failure makes it alright to shed the walls of our restraint.’ Instead I whispered, “Will ye tell me of this quest?”feathers retracted into their proper sheath as this patched frame settled back to listen.

Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wrap my spirit in reassurance [Midas] - by Midas - 07-12-2014, 09:28 AM