the Rift

[JUDGED] I'm just a poor boy (Rostislav x Midas)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>
 A lone wolf stares back at me, long in the tooth but as harmless as he can be</style>

Too many of my soldiers had gone absent from their post, our numbers were dwindling by the day. Just like everything else—people came in and went out. We harbored a steady flow of travelers seeking shelter, but few true members to boost our numbers. With such scarce few in my command to control the valley…I feared that an attack from the outside world would happen within months rather than years. Our fragile neutrality didn’t seem promising with the

Northern unicorns, they obviously weren’t pleased with our decision.
There was a snippet of good tiding, Dragon’s Throat had accepted my offer for an alliance; but they also lay a world away. Hard traveling for those who couldn’t fly and further still when the idea of invasion plagued my mind—could the fire reach us in time to provide a saving inferno? Thrice I’d seen the Throat prevail, despite its members; I’d see this herd through a time just as dark if necessary. With or without an alliance…

Until such a threat showed its face, all we could do was train. I looped toward the dusty ground, a spot between the meadow and largest river; nestled in a private thicket that bore no hindering canopy overhead. Earth was noticeably mucked up, full of scuffle marks from other warriors sweating and bleeding upon it. I landed roughly and at a canter, daggers scattered vanishing gold in my wake. A high noon sun rose above my spine, welcome to yet another muggy Tallsun day.

OOC:

Setting: High noon, no overhanging branches over the training ground. It’s a hot, clear day.

No magic
No companions

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
I'm just a poor boy (Rostislav x Midas) - by Midas - 07-03-2014, 09:33 AM