the Rift

[JUDGED] I'm just a poor boy (Rostislav x Midas)

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
By my verdict: MIDAS is the winner!
Midas receives 1 VP

MIDAS
Realism [+3.5]
:: I thought you did a great job weaving in comparisons between Midas and his opponent, as well as the scenery.
:: There were a couple moments with attacks were I was kind of wavering about whether or not the location you indicated would have been the most likely location for a hit. In both cases, I decided that where you had indicated was a reasonable location, but I still thought that other locations would have been more likely. For instance when bucking at Rosti’s chest, I thought it was more likely the hooves would have hit his ribs.

Emotion [+2]
:: “Measure carefully, Legatus.” I thought wistfully; it had been awhile since anyone dared step forward to vanquish my power, I welcomed the attempt and practice. It’s obvious you know your character well. This sentence, to me, seems to sum up much of Midas’ personality very succinctly. Good!
:: Good job in post three, I love Midas’ assessment of himself. Well done.

Prose [+2.5]
:: Flesh angled toward the opposite side, I push in the other direction, mirroring a circle. I’m still really confused about what this means.
:: but at least my flesh was still in-tact (for now.) Intact.
:: An unintentionally gasp lifted past my lips from the effort it took to rise and thrust hard. Unintentional.
:: slicing my right appendages back to its protected position Just one appendage.

Readability [+2]
:: There is a lack of clarity in your writing throughout your first post, which is in direct contrast to much of the writing I’ve seen from you in the past. The other two were much easier to read.

Finally tally: 65.5 + (10*2) = 85.5 HP

ROSTISLAV
Realism [+4.5]
:: My hooves kick up dust and dirt as I purposefully pound them into the ground. Good strategy and use of the surroundings
:: Paragraph two, post three- this was an excellent overview of your character compared to Midas, while still making it all seem very, very in character. Very well done.
:: I thought you took damage well and dealt well with Rosti’s two misses and all of your attacks were well planned.

Emotion [+2]
:: No rest for the weary, my mother always said. Okay, that's bullshit - I didn't really know my mother and no one ever said anything like that to me. Excellent! Great way to open your post by setting the tone for your character.
:: In the second post I like the emotion in reference to how he is feeling about being attacked, I’d like to see more of his motivation for sparing with Midas, though; especially since his attack to the chest could be quite dangerous/damaging. By the third post, though, you’ve given me what I wanted.

Prose [+3.5]
:: I'm a middle-aged wannabe drunkard who is testing his metal to prove himself. I think you meant ‘mettle’.
:: Lucky, luck as hell that Midas does not attack straight on Second one should be lucky as well, I believe.
:: I thought your third post was rather well done and I loved the variations on perspective. The transitions were well done and not distracting.

Readability [+3]
:: No concerns. Everything was well written and easy to follow.

Finally tally: 35 + (13*2) = 61 HP

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm just a poor boy (Rostislav x Midas) - by Official - 08-14-2014, 11:21 AM