the Rift

[PRIVATE] the dark never bothered me [Cheveyo]

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper

It was difficult not to grin at the surprise that seemed to cross the Constrictor's features when I didn't complain about the lack of sleep that would come with a midnight patrol. My insomnia wasn't something I broadcasted publicly so it was no surprise to me that she expected some kind of complaint to fall into the gentle breeze of the night. Chestnut harks swiveled forwards as we began our trek for the night, I could feel the excitement of having an excuse to stay awake all night bubbling just beneath the surface as I followed the the Constrictor's side, my shoulder matching her own as we carried on stride in stride through the mists of the Edge.
The mist, something that normally seemed so mysterious and beautiful, seemed to be more of a nuisance tonight as it lowered the visibility from one hundred percent down to nearly twenty percent. I cursed inwardly at the mist as I prayed that there would be no interruptions on our midnight stroll, it wouldn't be very easy to defend ourselves against something we couldn't see. Luckily it seemed as if Eytan, the great grizzly, was scouting ahead of us. Surely he was sending back word of whatever it was he could see through he and Ktulu's mental bond. I enjoyed the near silence of the Edge at midnight, the only sound that could be heard was the chripping of the crickets as they sang their songs back and forth between each other. It was a sound that I was so familiar with, due to my many late nights, that I was almost surprised I could even still hear it.
But the silence didn't last long as the Constrictor's lyrics broke through the nothingness and settled into the air effortlessly. "What made you come to the Edge?"
I hesitated for a moment as I thought back to the weeks spent locked away in the caverns while the wraiths took over the world above. I wasn't entirely sure what had drawn me to the Edge when the caverns had errupted and the population kept within the walls were set free into the lands of Helovia once again. But whatever it was that had drawn me here had been powerful, powerful enough that I had left what had once been the Foothills without even a second glance over my painted shoulders. I rolled my shoulders ever so slightly as I tilted my skull to the side ever so slightly and my rosy kissers parted. "I'm not entirely sure, something had drawn me to these lands once we were set free from the caverns." Maybe it had been the Goddess of the Moon, calling forth more followers and protectors for her home since the glass walls had been shattered into a million pieces. Or maybe it was the fall of the Foothills that had brought me to the Edge, whatever it had been I was grateful for it.
I cleared my throat and looked away from the bronze and white painted mare as I looked out into the mist, attempting to keep an eye out for any shapes that weren't bear-like in the mist. "What brought you to the Edge?" As I spoke my attention remained focused on the path that we were walking, the grass here grew less abundantly due to the constant patrols that stunted the growth of any greenery that could possibly grow here. I knew that at one point the Constrictor was the Cheiftess of the Foothills, but I didn't know why she had left them rather than remain a just leader as she had been.

Speech
Tag:: @[Ktulu]
Words:: 603
Notes:: Sorry for the wait on this <3

credits

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!

Messages In This Thread
the dark never bothered me [Cheveyo] - by Ktulu - 07-03-2014, 11:34 PM
RE: the dark never bothered me [Cheveyo] - by Cheveyo - 07-30-2014, 10:26 PM