the Rift

!! Sleepsong [Falls/Throat]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
</style>

A coward judges all by what he sees

The threshold was quiet, far more silent than I remembered during the many years that I had been able to transverse its timbers and thickets. There were fragments, pieces of evidence littering the air and ground of souls whom had passed through, lingering only a little while before being gobbled up by the various clans that lived in the surrounding areas. I walked one of these silent trails, seeking those that might still need assistance and finding a tranquil peace from the whispering wind rustling a thick canopy overhead. This was a good place for meditation and prayer.

There was a scent I’d been subconsciously trailing behind at a leisurely pace, despite having been following at a distance toward the start, our separation eventually began to grow shorter by this steady pace. Soon said lass came into view, her alabaster wings heavy with the weight of something that fluttered back and forth across the main feathers and span of her right wing. I paused, sniffing and angling muzzle toward her retreating form with curious caution. “Hail!” I called out, quietly and with careful regard, “Good day to ye.”

Fina broke the cover above and alighted her flaming frame across an overhanging limb. She had been trailing the sky, preferring the open air to one of confinement, I didn’t bother to glance over but instead offered the phoenix a brief well-meant nudge of acknowledgement. The fire child chirped with rare fondness, pulling her aqua gaze back to the visitor I’d been greeting.

image credit to ______
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
!! Sleepsong [Falls/Throat] - by Laedere - 07-04-2014, 11:51 PM
RE: !! Sleepsong [Falls/Throat] - by Midas - 07-06-2014, 11:54 AM
RE: !! Sleepsong [Falls/Throat] - by Africa - 07-07-2014, 05:56 AM
RE: !! Sleepsong [Falls/Throat] - by Laedere - 07-07-2014, 10:21 PM
RE: !! Sleepsong [Falls/Throat] - by Midas - 07-08-2014, 10:10 PM
RE: !! Sleepsong [Falls/Throat] - by Africa - 07-10-2014, 06:08 PM
RE: !! Sleepsong [Falls/Throat] - by Laedere - 07-11-2014, 07:48 PM
RE: !! Sleepsong [Falls/Throat] - by Midas - 07-12-2014, 11:39 PM
RE: !! Sleepsong [Falls/Throat] - by Africa - 07-15-2014, 06:02 PM