the Rift

[OPEN] never leads to nothing

Adelric Posts: 101
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3hh :: 1.5 [Birdsong]
Tobias :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Sevin
Adelric
The half-child cannot deny his joy as Erebos glides towards him, greeting him as excitedly as it seemed Adelric was as well. At the mention of the mountain, the half-child turns his head to observe it and nearly gasps aloud at the grandeur that he had hardly noticed. It is beautiful, snow-capped even in the summer heat, and Adelric's mind instinctively begins categorizing what he is seeing before him. So this hulking mountain, or at least what lays beyond, is the Aurora Basin that Erebeos had spoken of. Adelric smiles to have finally found the location that is his friend's home. He goes to thank Athena and answer the Night Phoenix, but before he can he is distracted.

The affected voice of his sister sends the boy jumping slightly and he skitters to the side only to laugh at seeing it is her and to hear Erebos' bold response. Truth be told the half-child, here in this frozen wasteland, finds himself rather happy that his twin sister has followed him here. Though he will never admit to fear in her presence, he always feels safer with wild Zunden there to protect him. He can be brave in her presence, because she gives him strength. He needs her in a way that he cannot exactly explain, but that he can feel in his very soul. So, despite the fact that she has frightened him in this moment, he still smiles at her with a twinkle in his eyes. “Zunden!” he cries out happily, his tail whisking back and forth in gentle amusement.

But his happiness at the arrival of his sister is muted upon the arrival of a new, brindle colt. Instinctively, the half-child steps between Aeolus and the egg, leaving room for Erebos to continue his inspection, but unsure of this new stranger and concerned for the safety of the object that had been gifted to him. He trusts the rest of them inherently, but Aeolus is new and therefore concerning. Also, Aeolus is different. And though Adelric has not been introduced to the ideas of racism, he has never really inspected anyone with wings up close. It is strange and his curious mind was set to thinking and whirling, looking between Erebos and Zunden to see what they thought. His mind drifts back briefly to the conversation with Erebos and reminds himself that he should not wish for wings because it will mean leaving his family. Regardless, as he always seeks acceptance from others, he calls back, “Hello, I'm Adelric.” Still, his voice is cautious.

At any rate, he returns his attention to Erebos for the moment and answers him at last. “I don't know what it is. It was given to me after I solved a puzzle.” Then, glancing to Athena, he adds on. “Athena was much more creative, though,” giving her credit that might not exactly be due. Now, about the movement that Erebos had noted, Adelric returns his gaze to the egg. Surprisingly, he finds that it is doing exactly as the Night Phoenix has said (of course!).

The gentle tilting movement of the egg becomes more insistent, more violent, and Adelric's ears fall back to his ears in confusion. “What's it doing!?” he exclaims, his voice almost in a panic. But his panic cannot save his beloved egg and the thing begins to crack. “Oh no, I was supposed to protect it,” he cries then, pacing back and forth as he watches it, unsure of what to do and almost ready to fall to tears about it. He has failed the CARPENTER, failed him miserably- he should not have been trusted with such as task. He is not worthy of it at all.

But something changes entirely when the egg all but shatters, revealing a small fawn that had been encapsulated within, and Adelric's mind is invaded with the presence of another. He gasps aloud, shocked into silence and stillness.

@[Aeolus]- Nickel, please don't tag me. Candy, sorry to post before you as I saw you said you were going to catch up, but I'm headed out of town for a few days coming up so I wanted to get my post out.
Image Credit
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Adelric at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Adelric unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
never leads to nothing - by Erebos - 07-05-2014, 10:14 AM
RE: never leads to nothing - by Athenä - 07-06-2014, 11:18 PM
RE: never leads to nothing - by Adelric - 07-07-2014, 10:19 PM
RE: never leads to nothing - by Zünden - 07-07-2014, 11:36 PM
RE: never leads to nothing - by Aeolus - 07-13-2014, 06:57 PM
RE: never leads to nothing - by Erebos - 07-20-2014, 07:09 PM
RE: never leads to nothing - by Adelric - 07-28-2014, 05:57 PM
RE: never leads to nothing - by Erebos - 08-19-2014, 01:36 PM
RE: never leads to nothing - by Adelric - 08-24-2014, 02:49 PM
RE: never leads to nothing - by Erebos - 08-30-2014, 06:08 PM