the Rift

[OPEN] getting HIGH on clouds

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
Cirrus
the Wind Dancer
I didn’t know exactly where the wind was carrying me today, but I knew I was only in control of its direction about ten percent of the time. It was numbing, to my aching mind and body (and soul), to simply sit back and focus that ten percent on not being driven into a cliff or too far out to sea. I always made sure that there was land of some description visible between the patches of cloud that separated me from earth below, no matter how far away I was from it, I still wanted to be a part of Helovia in some way.. Didn’t I?

A sigh ran through my lips, as it so often did these days. Thoughts were like raindrops, cascading through my mind by the gallon, barely able to process what insignificant detail one might hold before needing to move onto the next. I wondered, if I cried, would it start to rain, would my tears wash away the thoughts that plagued me? I doubted it, and so, I did not bother to cry. Not anymore. You were gone, you have left me, the life that filled your veins with blood had bled out for the last time – when would I learn?

Would I ever learn?

I didn’t want to ponder on the answer. Another sigh passed through my lips, stolen by the wind generated by the movement that kept me drifting towards –what, I didn’t know. But suddenly I did realise that it was in fact, something. Something solid, something strange. Definitely something new, that I hadn’t ever seen before. I looked to the ground below, just to be sure I hadn’t taken a detour in altitudes –nope, the wind was still strong beneath my wings, the true earth still far below.

A voice, loud and clear, rings in my ears. Arvakl conquers all! It reverberates about, and my tiara tilts at its meaning. Was this island called Arvakl? Or was something merely claiming it for their own? Curiosity (and perhaps a sense of recklessness bubbling to the surface as it so often seemed to recently) pulled me forth, with slender limbs and a smooth descent I found purchase upon the cloudscape. Sharp, electric eyes took in my surrounds, and I saw the Pegasus who I assumed made the announcement before. With a brow tilted I considered her briefly, before continuing my scanning of the area – the strange tents, the amazing, seemingly invisible way this land seemed to simply exist amidst its cloudy perch.

It had to be work of the Gods.

“Good luck with that.” I mutter, mostly to myself, though knowing my luck, my voice will carry and it will offend someone. Hell, maybe I’ll even get lucky enough to have someone try to take a bite out of my ear again. One can only hope.

@[Arvakl]
:)
x - x
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    getting HIGH on clouds - by Arvakl - 07-06-2014, 04:47 PM
    RE: getting HIGH on clouds - by Cirrus - 07-11-2014, 09:21 AM
    RE: getting HIGH on clouds - by Arvakl - 07-12-2014, 09:54 PM
    RE: getting HIGH on clouds - by Cirrus - 07-17-2014, 04:13 AM
    RE: getting HIGH on clouds - by Arvakl - 07-17-2014, 10:42 PM
    RE: getting HIGH on clouds - by Cirrus - 07-20-2014, 07:45 AM
    RE: getting HIGH on clouds - by Arvakl - 07-23-2014, 12:05 AM